AT-PT

Junkie

Going to give this a whirl. Zarkus Resin AT-PT. 1/72.

I'm thinking thestormies and walker are putting up propoganda posters or something...?? Star wars street...droid factory with hidden rebel??? just a small vignette though...couple of walls etc..street.

I'm open to angles on how to model this.

Tonight I cleaned up the parts, pinned the legs, filled some air bubble holes. Pretty darn easy build.

4604.jpg

4605.jpg

4606.jpg

4607.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: AT-PT & Storm Trooper Vignette

This looks interesting. Looks like mostly paint and weathering. This is definitely doable in a shortish time.

Wow dude. That kit actually looks pretty cleaned up! Nice work. This will also be pretty cool with the Stormies on Parade. :) I've got a neat little collection of Imperial propaganda posters if you wanted to make some little banners for them or something...lmk

Thanks guys. Yes, a quick one for sure.

Nic...sure man. You got my email...junkie@ Thanks!

Slight change of plans...

After taking a second look at the Troopers I've decided not to use them. The castings are very rough...and I'd have to spend quite a bit of time to make them work. A member here had sent me those several years ago and while I really appreciate it they'll simply take too much time to 'work'.

Might just paint the AP-TP and place it on a a base with some ground work...not sure. It's in primer though. ;)

4608.jpg

4609.jpg

Decided to move this over here...it is a Shelf Queen and won't really fit Rumors of War by itself...

I built one of these a long time ago when I was just getting my hands dirty with washes and basic weathering. It was a good kit for what I paid. Unfortunately, it was so back heavy, that to keep the body level, I had to add a clear rod to support it. If you have the body angled down, you hopefully won't have a problem.

I love the idea of Stormtroopers adding propaganda. You could even switch that and have the Stormies taking down Rebel propaganda. Just a thought.

Where did you get the Stormies by the way?

atpt1.jpg

Unreality said:
Unfortunately, it was so back heavy, that to keep the body level, I had to add a clear rod to support it. If you have the body angled down, you hopefully won't have a problem.

I love the idea of Stormtroopers adding propaganda. You could even switch that and have the Stormies taking down Rebel propaganda. Just a thought.

Where did you get the Stormies by the way?

Great build. Yeah it is back heavy. I pinned the feet so I can glue it down. Stormies can from a youTube/forum member, years ago...I don't think I'll use them though...will take me too long to clean them up and I just am looking for a quick build here.

++

Thanks for the comments guys.

Preshaded this puppy.

4610.jpg

4611.jpg

Then a basecoat of Tamiya Sky Grey. Kinda pushed it a bit much and lost some preshade. I believe the model calls for a white basecoat...but the AT-AT at AT-ST are closer to this grey than white so I went with it.

4612.jpg

4613.jpg

Looks good to me dude! That base coat should weather up nice!

I know it's not in your plan but every time I see one of these walkers I think of smushed ewoks. Haha

I'm sure you could build up / finish a sci-fi kit real nice. Coming from Armor you would most likely love a Ma.K suit too.

Looks very good so far! Looking forward to see more.
How about to paint that Viking Helmet Symobl (or whatever it is ;D) on the side of the Head?
Atsthoth.jpg

Bit of bench time tonight. I masked and sprayed some stripes..satin coat then a wash of AK's Blue Brown for Panzer Grey. Got a video in the can too...I'll upload tomorrow.

This color went on really strong...kinda took me by surprise. It stained the basecoat more than a wash I guess...but it'll all come together in the end.

4620.jpg

Latest posts

Back