AT-PT

Thanks.

Another quick noon session update.

4621.jpg

4622.jpg

Thanks G - note that the body isn't painted yet...had a mishap with masking tape.

Move to a boot and get laced...

Man that cockpit window is kick my butt. Tried to mask it, tape pulled up to primer. Did that twice. Then I tried to freehand brush paint it.

LOL.

Looked like a drunk 4 year old painted it. Primer...again.

Nice vid.

I had the same problems with mine. I didn't have any decal sheet, so I went about masking everything. I can't remember exactly, but I believe I hand-painted the windows with a mix of flat black and Future to help it smooth out (this was before Vallejo was easily available in the US).

But yeah, I had paint lifting up every time I masked something. Not fun.

Yeah, frustration. Gonna try and mask it...again but knock off the tack of the tape alot first.

Have you already tried again? You could always use silly putty...not too sticky and you can conform it where you want...

I would just give that area a quick sanding, a quick shot of primer and a quick shot of paint. Nobody will ever know the difference. Unless you video it. Did you seal the paint with some clear before you masked it? I would think that would help keep the paint from lifting.

Hey, Scott, getting up to date with this build of yours - a very cool subject, and I'm digging your plans for the dio.
As for the lifting paint - remember, that even not a 100% perfection would be reached after airbrushing, the majority of the alcoholic kids work can be hidden with the help of a magic word - "weathering" ;) ;)
I know what I'm talking - at least for me it always helps to mask my real volumes of drinking ;D

Latest posts

Back