AT-43 O-3 & Plaster Plinth/Base - WIP

DXM

I'm in the process of redoing and repainting a Lt. Dragomira O-3 from the game AT-43.
http://www.iguk.co.uk/images.aspx?image=7209.jpg&title=Hero%20Box%20-%20Lt.%20Dragomira%200-3%20:%20AT-43%20Red%20Blok&product=/products/hero-box-lt-dragomira-03-at43-red-blok-7209.aspx
The Walker comes prepainted, looks almost like the photo ( almost ) and is about 2 inches tall.
I've done a plaster base in the past but I'm trying something a little more elaborate here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/DragomirsWorkbench/PLASTERBASETESTPIECE#

The plinth/base is 2 inches by 2 inches by 3 inches tall and made from dental plaster. All the brick work was carved with a ruler and hobby knife.
Now to start painting. I'm leaning towards painting the wall with Soviet style propaganda posters/murals but wash out and war torn.
Thanks for looking and for any suggestions.

Re: Plaster Plinth/Base - WIP

That's some really nice work on that base, man. It looks really nice even unpainted.

That is really cool. The plaster is a great medium to do masonry like that. The texture should be perfect.

Thanks Guys.
The plaster is Dental Plaster.
It's alot harder than regular plaster of Paris.The info mentioned 8000 psi. The supply place where I bought this from also had something that was 18,000 psi and blue in colour but I figured that was a bit too hard for what I needed it for.
Talk to you later

Any progession on this? Really cool base, bet it looks amazing painted.

Actually No. :( ... At work we are in the process of moving to a new location.
Haven't done much building. Glued a few part and that's about it.
Had a group build challenge thrown at me, to build a Ma.K kit for end of October, a contest here on Toronto, Ajax Model show. I'm trying to finish both the Ma.k and Dragomira.
I'll post any progress.

AH AT-43 IS the universe. I get it. Wicked cool stuff. The base and the power armor look fantastic. Sorry I missed this the first time around.

JMac

Latest posts

Back