Assembling Magic Tracks On 1:35 PZ IV J

Slang

Hi, I'm about to build and assemble the magic tracks for a DML kit that I've been working on for a while. The kit number is DML #6556 Pz. IV Ausf. J. I have not glued the road wheels or the drive sprockets or the rear idlers onto the lower suspension. I do have the Dunkle Gelb base coat sprayed on the lower hull, upper hull, and the turret, but I have not sprayed the camo pattern yet.

Would it be best to glue the road wheels, sprockets, and rear idlers before I assemble the "wet tracks" onto the running works to cure? Or would it be best to "mock up" the wheels, sprockets, and rear idlers with something like blue tack to hold everything in position until the tracks are built to the correct length, painted and weathered?

This is the first tracked AFV kit that I have attempted, and the darned thing is really turning out nicely. I hope that you guys can help me with this critical step, I'd hate to flub it up now LOL!!

Thanks...Slang

Hey Slang. I mock them up do the track in sections and get the sag i need then i put some tamiya tape just to hold the sections. while the glue cures. try do them in sections once there complete there easier to do final assembly and painting on them.

hope that helps

Latest posts

Back