ASCI 444 Historical Applications in Aircraft Design

Rattler375

Ok so I mostly build military kits... planes, tanks, ships that kinda stuff right...

Well once again this year I went to the local college and joined in helping a local club members model class... yep these kids get a credit for this class... Building a model... here's alil breif history of it all.... School's link towards the bottom.

The class is done with the help of an old Friend Floyd Werner Jr. with his Master Class Clinic #1: Building the Bf-109 G-6 , also with the help of Squadron Mail Order who has put together a bundle package for this class every year that we've done this class.

This year decals are from Jerry Crandels fabulous work G-14 # 43, G-14 # 46, Not sure just yet which set we'll have.

Jim Fullingim is the founder of this program has been doing this for 4 years now and it's taken off really big. Jim has also been published several times in FineScale Modeler mag. along with Floyd as well. Me on the other hand.. LOL not yet... but I'm hopeful.

Hasegawa's 1/32nd Messerschmitt Bf 109G-14 is this years plane of choice. Previous aircraft that were used are...

Me 109G-6 * 1st class 07*
Me 109K-4 * 2nd class 08*
Me 109G-10 * 3rd class 09*

http://www.tarleton.edu/centraltexas/departments/aviation/ASCI444.html This is the school's link in case anyone wanted to see.

Ok so here is this years entry... Me 109 G-14 series 32nd scale Hasegawa..
Mr.Color paints, Hobby Decal's dry transfers, EagleCal's .... Only 4 decals were used that would be the tail code, and the heart's. Every stencil is from Hobby Decals. the rest is painted/masked.
Totaly fictisious plane not even remotely historicaly correct unit wise lol but I had FUN !!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks a bunch guys for all the compliments an comments, I really do appreciate them alot.

So now it's back to the bench with a totaly different subject LOL Gundam stuff... it's insane but I'm loving it.

Nice paint job. It might be fictitious, but it looks good for the time period. German camo schemes scare me, I've been putting off doing some kits in my stash for that reason...Good job on this one.

Latest posts

Back