Anyone need guitar strings?

AKE

I've been told guitar strings make excellent cables for various modeling projects. In fact I just went thru the effort of making my own for my speeder bike.

I just came across this deal on slickdeals.net. A 10 pack of guitar strings for $4 and free shipping. I have no clue if these are the "correct" strings, but at $4, what the heck! There are 6 different sizes in each pack. Gauges 09-11-16-24-32-42, whatever that means.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/D'Addario-EXL120-Electric-Guitar-Strings-10Pack?sku=104509

The 'round wound' strings work excellent for things like radiator hoses on autos and such, cables as well I would suppose.

The other strings make excellent antennas as they aren't wrapped (wound) and are 'springy' so they don't usually break.

The gauges are the diameter of the strings:

STRINGS.jpg

I just ordered them as well, although I'll probably be stringing my guitar with them and using the ones I take off for modeling purposes, that is either a huge typo or the best deal ever. One set at my LMS is at least $8.00 for one pack of D'Addarios

;)

ironically i remember running into a episode with scot a long time ago using guitar wire to make barb wire.

Aw poopie. They cancelled my order. Sure makes that "We'll be any price Guaranteed!" motto on the same page sound rather hollow.

They obviously FUBARed the price, as I see the price now is $36.99 for the 10 strings, probably still not a bad deal, but not $4! LOL

Crappy Customer service canceling your order because they screwed up the price.

What really sucks is after I ordered them I realized they would be perfect for the smaller cables on my Speeder Bike, so I still need some! Well I guess one pack for $4 is still plenty.

They canceled mine too but after checking my paypal account, they failed to reimburse me. I just got off the phone with them and I was told it will be sent back within the next 24 hours. Yes, $4.00 a pack or $36.99 for ten is a great deal, like I mentioned earlier ten packs would cost me more like $80.00 but still...

???

The kid said they had received an in house email about that item and that they had been answering a lot of calls over it.

/pwnt

I forgot about this and just checked and they didn't refund my money either!

"We're cancelling your order but keeping your money! Thanks!"

Wish I played a guitar so I could tell them I'm never buying from them again.

Try a music store or guitar shop. I get loads of used strings that are usually just thrown away when they restring guitars... free for the asking. The core is stretched so they're useless for playing but just fine for modeling.

Latest posts

Back