AMT/Ertl Millennium Falcon-Cutaway

Jdog71

Ni!
My first "WIP" post! Also my first attempt at painting with an airbrush, and the first model that I've worked to over 50% completion in about 20 years. Here's a look at the loose parts somewhat assembled.

IMG_9938.jpg

I took some major liberties with the interior.

IMG_9937.jpg

Its sloppy, but thats kind of the point.

IMG_9936.jpg

Still need to do a gloss coat, weathering, and a final dull coat...everything is so much easier with an airbrush!

IMG_9935.jpg

A little too much shine on some of the exterior parts here.

IMG_9933.jpg

I'll be painting the bottom half tomorrow night.

IMG_9932.jpg

Some leaking 'coolant'

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

Every shot I've seen of the interior is grimy and dingy.I'll get some better shots as I work towards completion.

IMG_9928.jpg

I'll do some repaint work (and get the 'chess table' painted) in the coming weeks.

I'm at about 25 hours total on this one, so I'll be cracking a bottle when its done. Let me know what you think

Looking really good. The interior looks awesome and with weathering the exterior will too. Congrats on the airbrush initiation. You'll never go back now!

Thanks for the encouragement guys...it was a leap of faith posting these pics, considering some of the amazing work I've seen here.

I found this kit at a local shop for $32 US. Its on Amazon for upwards of $85. If I had known its rarity before I started, I may have left it in the box until my skills are up to par. But I'm having a blast with it and that's what counts. Why buy something if its going to sit in a box forever, right? Now if I had TWO, I'd leave one in the box and work on the other ;D

Grendels said:
If you are patient on Ebay, you can get this kit for a good price, no where near $80. When I checked there wasn't anything on a pure auction, but there was a cheap buy it now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-CUT-AWAY-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-MODEL-KIT-NEW-/200511951403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaf71922b#ht_500wt_928

Most buy it nows are in the $50 range. I have seen it go in an auction for close to $20.

Nice! I may just buy a second one if one goes to auction on Ebay.

This is very cool. I don't think I've seen one of these done to this detail before.

Latest posts

Back