AMT 70-1/2 Camaro

RocketSilo

been working on this off and on the last few weeks .
I have most of the chassis done , the body is assembled and In primer, Interior is next .
I still have to make some brackets (for the magical floating alternator) and wire/plumb the motor.
The paint job will be experimental , lol

I had to alclad all the chrome parts including wheels and used metalizer on several others ,, the only chrome in the kit was the bumpers and grill...everything else was neon orange

I built some new shocks and made shackles to raise the stance so I could go with some large rear tires , I also ran brake lines on the rear drums to a tee block above the Diff ... kinda hard to see but it's there.
I'll post some more pics as I progress.
The decal biz has kept me very busy ,I get emails for jobs daily, but I still need to build a model now and than.. :p

7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Yes man, you have to do some building for yourself. I wish I could do the Alclad chrome as good as you have. Maybe someday when I get hook ups for my bigger compressor I'll have better luck.

What kind of look are you going for?

Looking Great Rocket!!! Love The Brake Lines And Alclad Work!!!

thanks CT.
Noname , It's for a "Cars of the 70"s' themed contest .. so it's going to be pretty much stock except for the slightly jacked up rear and big tires fad thingy. stock camaro gold paintjob, black stripes and a pine tree air freshener.

not much to the alclad,, just have to mist it on light as possible to work with the black base coat.
it's tempting to keep spraying , but the more you spray the duller it gets.
opposite of most paints

She's gonna look killer ,especially with the back end jacked up ;D Nice work on the rear axle too ;)

Chris.

Just finding this Andy!!! Sweet!1! Nice bid on the Alclad!!!! These things almost lend themselve to that nice primer color you got going on already!! ;D Looking forward to seeing more on this!!! ;)

Oh Yeah ! I Dig th Classics !! Great Start ! That AlClad is making every thing all Shiny !!

I'm lookin' forward to seein more as soon as you can Bro !!

Latest posts

Back