AMT 1/25 1970 Dodge Challenger Ragtop

Elm City Hobbies

Well now that the voting for the contest is over, I can post the finished pictures of this without fear of influencing the voting.

Built OOB, with the exception of some engine wiring, and flocking for carpet in the interior, and the wheels are an aftermarket resin set that are actually what was seen on older Mopars...but I thought they looked good for the Challenger.

Dark Green is GM Fathom Green, the light green is Ford Diamond Green....looks good on a Dodge product!! And was done to keep everyone happy!! HAHAH

If I were to change one thing about it...I would have painted the front grill the light green instead of the dark....just seems to stick out a little too much with the light green hood staring you in the face. Maybe it is just me....

Enjoy!

IMG_4575-vi.jpg

IMG_4576-vi.jpg

IMG_4577-vi.jpg

IMG_4578-vi.jpg

IMG_4579-vi.jpg

Great job on this Scott!!! Koool color!!! Loving that Flock though!! Adds a real nice touch!! Well done!! ;)

SCOTT,

Great Job !! I love that Body style ! Yeah, th Flocking looks Great .... So what's th story with that stuff ? Does it go down just like Static Grass ? What's th Best way to do it ?

panzerace007 said:
SCOTT,

Great Job !! I love that Body style ! Yeah, th Flocking looks Great .... So what's th story with that stuff ? Does it go down just like Static Grass ? What's th Best way to do it ?

Yeah, it is made out of Rayon fibre (IE: sticks to anything with even a slight static charge). Brush down some watered down white glue, sprinkle over, let sit for a min, tap off the loose stuff. If you want to make it look "thicker" you can run a blown up balloon over your head (if you have hair, if not...borrow your wife or kid), and then pass it over the fibres and they will stand up a bit...same principle as static grass.

Latest posts

Back