Albatros D.III (ÖFAG) s. 153, Roden 1/72

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Another project for the GO Modelling show

Also an Austria-Hungarian modification, the Albatros D.III s. 153 enter service in 1917, powered with an 200 hp Austro Daimler Engine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Another one ;D Interested to see how you get on with this one ,I had a bad experience with their 1/72nd D VII's , the lower wings wouldnt sit correctly in the fuselage , pitty as the detail (including engine ) is really nice .

Chris.

I have those problems, too.

most of the parts havent any fittings and a bad glue response. Its a material problem.
The used styrene is thick and hard.

The upper wing has to be build from three parts and its very instable. Lower wings had to be glued with super glue. No chance for any styrene glue I have (Revell, Faller, Tamiya). Surface details are great, the Austro-Daimler engine is very well detailed but its difficult to glue them together

[attachment deleted by admin]

So are you going to do the swirl pattern from the box cover?
I've got the same kit and am waiting for a fit of insanity to arrive just so I can punish myself by trying that scheme :)

billb said:
So are you going to do the swirl pattern from the box cover?
I've got the same kit and am waiting for a fit of insanity to arrive just so I can punish myself by trying that scheme :)

Yapp, I guess I will do it :D But building the Kit is the greater insanity, Im afraid...

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Yapp, I guess I will do it :D But building the Kit is the greater insanity, Im afraid...

They're coming to take him away ha ha ho ho hee hee! :)

That's a real bugger to hear because it does look good in the box and i've really liked the other Roden kits i've built :(

Latest posts

Back