Airfix 1/72 Albatros DVa

Looks fantastic. I'm building this for ww1 theme night at my local club and I'm very impressed with ya paint job (I chose not to do Red Baron as I suspect others will do that) and in particular the cleanup and fit you have done on this kit that is far from a good moulding. I don't understand why they needed ejector pins that big in parts that small :-/ than you remember it's an old airfix kit :)

Nice progress, the wood grain looks solid.

The pilot will add a lot of interest also.

I tried to mask and paint that thing (not sure what it's called) on the top wing and I accidentally removed the top wing altogether. I'm taking the opportunity to fix the issue I had with the struts not fitting correctly at this time too. Since I used white glue, I just carefully pulled them off. I'll finish the masking and painting, then I'll try another way to attach the top wing.

I'm thinking of gluing them together using the two outer struts as a guide (as they are straight), then carefully inserting the two inner struts between the two wings. I hope to be able to work on this sometime this week and post a better update.

Latest posts

Back