Airbrush Cleaning Bottle $10

I have a fairly similar one from Iwata I picked up off Amazon or Ebay...cant remember. Paid 18 dollars shipped, but it has a built in holder for the airbrush. I'm sure this one works exactly as well. I just wanted an airbrush holder since I dont have a dedicated stand attached to my bench.

From watching Dream Knights videos, it appears that he uses the hole that you shoot the airbrush through as a holder. I was thinking I could do the same. I figure for $10 what the heck why not lol. I may sift through some other cleaning bottles through amazon. For $8 more shipped, I mise well get a name brand if I can.

Harbor's 'description' doesn't mention any kind of filter for fumes and such. i'd suggest getting the Iwata one. THe filter on my Testors jar needs replacing (really bad) and the fumes are powerful. So if this has no filter...........

Yea. The filter on mine cuts fumes to near nothing....it might be sold under the SparMax name too. It's a sub company of Iwata Medea

TBadger said:
Yea. The filter on mine cuts fumes to near nothing....it might be sold under the SparMax name too. It's a sub company of Iwata Medea

I'm going to be getting the Iwata next time I place a model order as I'm about maxed out for this month already h aha. I found a Iwata cleaning station today on Amazon for I believe it was $16 shipped to my door. Six more bucks what the heck ya know lol.

I did manage to get the needle, nozzle, and spring for my airbrush ordered, as well as a Micro Mesh finishing kit and a set of #1,2, & 3 Novus ordered today. Ill be placing one more order to a online hobby store before its all said and done without the wife's approval. I'll deal with her when the items arrive at my door or she checks the bank statement online history or balance ha ha ha.

From now on I'm officially done using the words Iwata, Tamiya, Novus, lol, haha etc on this website as its not recognized by the database and is telling me its misspelled with the red line under it. Being OCD I HATE the red lines on my posts ha.

Thanks for posting that Grendels.

I'm using the cheapo one at the moment and it does all right. She makes some good points for investing in the Iwata one, I can see myself ordering one very soon.

For those that are using the cheapo cleaning station you can improve the filtering capabilities by going to a pet store and getting some aquarium filter medium impregnated with activated charcoal. A small role or sheet only cost a few bucks and you get many filter changes, just cut a small piece off and stuff it in the filter hole.

Latest posts

Back