Afghan Mujahideen 1:35 (ICM)

lilliput.models

Anti-Terror-Operations-Mujahideen-ICM-1-35-1.JPG

Hi everyone, today I would like to present you my Afghan insurgent figures. Usually I really enjoy painting figures from the Second World War period. However this week I've decided to try something new and came up with this 1/35 Mujahideen figures from ICM. The full name of this kit is Anti-Terror Operations in Afghanistan (2001). This kit actually comes with two sets of figures, the US soldiers and the Afghan Mujahideen, but I decided to use the US figures in another diorama. I have started building the figures by detaching from the sprues and assembling together. After that I have filled the gaps in between the pieces with Tamiya's white putty. Then I've proceeded with coating the figures with flat black. Since these figures do not actually belong to an official military group, I've thought maybe I could use my creativity and paint them in different colors, which I think turned out great. To paint the figures I have used various colors from Vallejo. Finally I've prepared the arms of the fighters and prepared riffle slings from masking tapes.

Anti-Terror-Operations-Mujahideen-ICM-1-35-Making.jpg

I think ICM did a good job with these figures. Even though they are not high in detail, they are nicely molded and provide a great variety. As you can see from the pictures, one of the figures is carrying an AK-47 assault rifle, one of them is carrying a Dragunov Sniper Rifle, one of them is carrying a Stinger to shoot out helicopters and one of them is picking up an M16 rifle from the ground that was probably dropped by the US soldiers.

[youtube]BQq036wru2I[/youtube]

I hope you liked the results. If you have any suggestions or tips or me please share them in the comments section below.

Anti-Terror-Operations-Mujahideen-ICM-1-35-7.JPG

Anti-Terror-Operations-Mujahideen-ICM-1-35-12.JPG

Latest posts

Back