Ace Combat Su33 - 1/72 Hasegawa

Madhatter

Greetings everyone

As a mid project break and also while waiting for supplies to turn up, I thought I would do a quick build.
the fastest part about it was putting it together - the masking took 4 full days to do - but it's worth it I think
Won't win any competitions, but that doesn't really matter

All feedback is welcome

thanks for looking

MH

I was trying to buy one of these a couple months back, but I suffered another financial setback (fridge died, long story) so I have to put it off longer. I'm a huge fan of the Ace Combat series, especially AC4 where Yellow 13 was first featured.

Thanks for sharing, now I know for certain that I have to get one! How did the build go? Any sticking points or tips?

Thanks guys, the compliments make the pain of masking worth it :)
Jon, sticking points...well, there are a couple, but that worst one is if you want to make it in flight, the gear bay doors don't fit properly at the rear and you have to scratch up the thinner, shorter cover for the front. A bit if trimming is required to get the rear ones to fit anything close to being flush.
Prepare to spend a long time masking though :)
Thanks again guys
MH

Thanks for those tips! They're going to come in handy, because I scraped enough together to buy one just a few minutes ago. :D

Absolutely awesome! I just called my son out to my computer and he immediately said "is that Yellow 13?" LOL He is an ace combat fanatic and recognized it from across the room.

My kit came in today!

dn269j.jpg

Now, it will only be a few years until I get to it. ;D OP, you're a BAAAAAD influence! (in the best way possible, that is!)

I'm a little late on this one, fantastic camo MadHatter. Really digging this Su-33.

I disagree! I think that SU-33 WOULD win some competitions! Its unbelievable! Outstanding :eek:

I agree with Jake..what competition are you entering if that wouldn't win..or at least place high. Very impressive build.

Latest posts

Back