Academy 1-72 Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat

Martay

Another one of my recent builds, this was a simple enough build, very simple kit with only about 4 sprues and the glasswork, i did get a bit carried away with the interior a bit as you will see, but the kit as a whole is quite nice with clean recessed panel lines and nice details, enjoyed the build and recommend the kit as an easy quick build.

i drilled out the air intakes under the wing which were just flat faced and ugly

this seat is the extent of the cockpit and it is stuck to the back of the interior with no floor or bulkhead behind the console, the prob with this is with the undercarrige down you can see right into the bowels of the kit, this would not do at all i thought :( what follows is my solution to the prob

seat

the new bulkheads and framing for the interior

fuel tank for behind engine firewall

Srry bout bad pic, bit of gearing that is located behind the cockpit f'ard bulkhead

continued cockpit up-modelling

Seat with added flooring

And on to painting

I did the off white on the sides freehand to give it a kinda real look to it, not too balanced if you get my meaning

Gloss and the very few decals, 8 in all!

Matt coat and some weathering and dirt

this is the cutaway and plane which i modelled this plane on

oh and i added the red fuel caps to the drop tanks with some streaking

Tidy kit fun build, gonna pass it on to a buddy from whom i received the book in the previous pic on WWII American Aircraft, fitting i think.
Thanks for looking guys

Very cool looking, I have two of those same ones here to do I really like what you did to the interior very nice.

Latest posts

Back