Academy 1/35 Ontos

CHEF,

WoW ! That was quick. It looks nice !! How did you like th build ? Did it go together well ... any Issues ?

I'm looking forward to seeing some paint on it !

Thanks guys. It's a great little kit went together really well and the PE is very good and nice to work with, didn't need to anneal it and went down well. 300 odd parts and comes with some great looking 50 cals which I haven't decided to use (yet) may keep them for another project.
I have started to paint it and will have some more pics soonish :)

That is so cool. Looking forward to seeit with some paint.

Wicked looking little machine. Can't wait to see it with some paint. Keep up the great work.

I have wanted one of these kits for a while now, I really like seeing it assebled. ;D

Very nice job so far.

Thanks very much chaps. I have got some paint on and I've given the figure a go too(which is another thing I don't normally do). Still got more paint to go on but here's where we are now -
P1040363.jpg
P1040362.jpg

Thanks Scott. Got a little dry brushing on and a coat of klear -
P1040367.jpg
P1040365.jpg
P1040366.jpg
Got a question - what colour would the spare tracks be?

CHEF,

That's why we're here Brotha' ... to help each other out & trade reference & ideas !!! We are All Addicts !!! Any time 8)

ERIK

I checked out that walk around and man, what a cool piece of gear this thing is.

Dave The Chef said:
Got a question - what colour would the spare tracks be?

I would paint them the same color as the tracks before you weather them, whatever it is you personally use to represent the steel tracks.

While it is quite common that on vehicle stored items like track links and pioneer tools are painted to match the vehicle (think camouflage) painting the links metal and the tools wood and metal add color and interest to the model that leaving them in the base color wont do.

8)

What a strange little machine ... I wanna drive it! Very cool build can't wait to see the finished product.

Humm guys, let's not forget this vehicle had a Rubber track! With metal inserts very similar to a Bombardier Snow Cat! So weather them but in the right places!!!

Norm.

Thanks for everything chaps. I'm calling it done and this my first 1/35 armour finished so I'm happy wonky guns and all.
P1040397.jpg
P1040398.jpg
P1040399.jpg
P1040400.jpg
P1040401.jpg
P1040402.jpg
P1040403.jpg
P1040404.jpg
P1040405.jpg
P1040406.jpg
P1040407.jpg

Nice to see this complete Dave, good job all around!

Now that this is complete, I'm guessing maybe one of our content scouts will be looking to put this on the home page

8)

schweinhund227 said:
Humm guys, let's not forget this vehicle had a Rubber track! With metal inserts very similar to a Bombardier Snow Cat!

hmmm, kinda but ...

the rubber was the two strips on each side of the center guide teeth. All of the outside cleats/grousers and the inside guide teeth and bolting plates etc. were all exposed steel, which covered up a lot of the rubber surface.

ontos4.jpg

Latest posts

Back