A6M2b Zero 1/48

Thanks man. So I guess it is likely the Zeros may have had just the lap belt to then?

Depending on which branch the zero was built for depended if it had a shoulder harness. IJA aircraft did not have shoulder harnesses, but IJN aircraft did. I think it had to do with carrier landings. Also are you doing a Mitsubishi or Nakajima Zero? The Mits zero only had one shoulder harness coming over the right shoulder. Nakajima zero's had a double. I hope I just didn't make your head spin.

Thanks Modlefreak. This is a Mitsubishi A6M2b Type 21 '3rd Flying Group'. This plane had spearheaded the attack at Pearl Harbour, Wake and the Phillippines. After a little research I found out that two of these decal markings are for IJN (1942). What does IJN stand for? When I picked this kit up I thought it was representing an actual Pearl Harbour plane but I guess that is wrong considering the Pearl Harbour attack happened in 1941. Another decal is for LT. Takahide Aioi and has no date. The last one just says 3rd flying group.

Anyway, I guess this plane would have the single shoulder harness?

I guess I should have figured that one out myself. :-[ I had a moment.

I'll take some pics as soon as I get the interior together. Just have to do a wash and finish the harness. Thanks for the interest.

I got the harness done. Not sure how correct they are but you can't see much when this thing is buttoned up.The buckles look a little goofy but with the naked eye they look good. They are pretty small.

Picture036.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks guys.
Quaralne you having problems? I'm sure you can get it under control. Leave it alone for 24hrs so you can get a fresh approach. Sometimes we just need a break. Sometimes we haven't got much to work with too. I always find it helps if I just convince myself to slow down and that I'm not in a race.

--smiles--
Problem's that the kit I'm working is terrible.
I'll be updating that thread in the next day or two

That cockpit looks great! Are those scratch built belts?! If you still want to do a Pearl zero I can check my stash to see if I have any decals for you. If I don't and your willing and have the cash, the old Tamiya A6M2 has Pearl decals in it. It's a cheap kit about $15 or so and builds into a nice kit. I'll let you know if I have any later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks Modelfreak. My plan initially was to make a downed Pearl Harbour plane, preferably of an actual plane. Let me know thanks. If you don't have any decals it's no biggy. I'll figure something out.

Nice job on the cockpit buddy . Those belts look well smart :)

Chris.

Thanks Chris. I find things never look as good in close up photos as they do with the naked eye. They are so tiny in real life...and this isn't even 1/72! I think a PE set would have been wasted on this cockpit. You really can't see much when it is all together.

Coming together,

This is my FAV plane... the cockpit looks really fine...

Maybe I´m going too far / fast but... have you begun to think in the "color question" ? ? (yeah, I know wich color are you going to paint it, but are you either going to make a "color recipe" or are you going to use a standard-made color -I.E. Tamiya, Mr Color, etc - ? )

See you, Noname.
RG

Jelly, I'm going to make my own recipe. The colour on these are hard to figure out exactly, plus I don't have a hobby shop handy to me. I've got a good idea how it should look. I really dig the off white but as I underastand it that wasn't quite the case. Possibly if a plane was old enough to get bleached from the sun they may have been white. But they actually were more of a Khaki colour with a hint of green. Or,...at least something like that. Maybe I'll fade mine a tad, we'll see. Still trying to figure out who might have flew this thing and when. ;)

Not trying to pick a fight here.... but which Zero had it's Interior a Brilliant Metalic Blue ???
I remember doing a Tamiya Zero Years ago... and that's what They called for ???

Latest posts

Back