a step up from my current airbrush

hey everyone i have a question that you have all probably heard a thousand times. I have a Neo by Iwata dual action gravity feed airbrush. Its a 40 dollar cheapie i bought to get myself into airbrushing. What i see now after using it for about a year is that all of the paint jobs look more like atomized paint than a smooth paint job if that makes any sense. I think its because the quality of the brush is low so it doesnt mix the paint as well as others when it sprays. I need to step up my paint jobs so they look more real and less fake. I do mainly airplanes and gundam so im looking for fine detail. Price range around a 100 bucks. Any Pointers??? Thanks

Renegade Krome.

the one i see on Amazon Has Krome where renegade is on mine and i believe that's the old version, if you look at the link i posted check out the vid the guy tells you what improvements were made

i think i see the difference. Any thoughts on Badgers Velocity?? The krome and velocity are close in price. It looks like the krome is more well rounded and the velocity leans toward smaller scale?

Never used it but the krome is the top dog and is at a great price normal price is about 160+

The Krome is basically a chrome plated version of the Velocity (both are part of the Renegade line up).

The needles/nozzles and action are identical (the action on the original Velocity was slightly different but current iteration is identical to the Krome). Only real differences are the Krome has the plastic "grip" on the underside and the cut-away handle (which btw is pointless as you cannot actually remove or even set the needle without taking the handle off so the cut-away is really just for the "look"). Also the Krome comes with a metal cup cap, the Velocity a plastic one (some have reported the metal one is too loose but mine is snug).

I've used both and for what its worth prefer the Krome only because its easier to see into the cup when cleaning.

Your pricing may vary but the Krome is usually a better value as it includes both the ultra fine assembly that the Velocity comes with, as well as the fine assembly which marginally extends the usefulness and flexibility of the instrument.

By the way, the photo of the Krome on Amazon is an out of date one depicting the initial run as evidenced by the word "Krome" being stamped. Subsequent and current runs have "Renegade" stamped there with "Krome" etched on the body. Purely cosmetic either way.

The fact that the color cup is chrome, imo, makes a big difference. It's a bit hard to see how much paint you have in the dark velocity.

Plus it's shiny.

Latest posts

Back