A new way to detail your B-17 model!!! (video review)

Bzzymatt

Stayin Bzzy :P
IMG_0018.jpg

First off, let me say that This is probably the most amazing book I have found. Not only does it tell you how to restore the most famed Bomber of WWII but it's reference photographs help a ton when It comes to detailing your B-17 model.

I heard about this book in Air and Space magazine, and ever since I was dying to get my hands on this book. The book was published this year (2011) and is hard to find, so don't expect your local book store to have it in stock.

The book gives a very brief history of the bomber and it features. It also shows you diagrams of the frame and the engine. Towards the back of the book it tells you everything you need to know on how to prepare, inspect, and fly the bomber for airshows. This books is so specific that it will even tell you every single switch, button, and instrument in the cockpit. I was very fascinated with the photographs. They even show old emergency procedures on how to evacuate the bomber in the event of a crash on land and water.

At the end of the book, it provides a list of all the surviving B-17's still flying, and a list of the B-17's that are displays in museums. What I found in this list was the Liberty Belle, which we all know crashed back in June of 2011, however the books says that Liberty Belle is still airworthy and is continuing to fly today. This obviously shows that this book was published prior to the Crash of the Liberty Belle.

I'm very sorry, but the video for this topic is not properly downloading. Please give me some time to upload it again.

Matt

sounds interesting matt looking forward to the vid. and your little dio is cool.

Latest posts

Back