89 Ford F-250

Thanks John.... ;D Now let's see if I can pull off the tree!!! "Where did I put that put that post on trees from Grendels????" ::)

Yo T, this is just great! I love all of the endless little details to look at.

I swear you've been looking through old photos of my first truck.

Just go to my YouTube channel, the link is at the bottom of this post. The videos are called trees so not hard to find.

But if you use the tree in your photo, I would not necessarily use my techniques. It might not look right since the branches are cut....

I like the fact that you have used every possible technique on this model....

the rust and chipping is Awesome.... I so used to see Car guys doing... SHOW room models...

this is Refreshing !!! Nicely Done !!!!

Norm.

oUt !

I appreciate all the great comments guys, Thank you!

Ken, Then I must seen you old truck today!!! Damn near rammed the car in front of me...had to double take. Sittin' in a driveway, Same colors and it was rusted out!!! I was dying!! Gonna try and go back with a camera. Swear the guy's been watchin' this ((((LOL)))! ;D

G, Thanks for the heads up, found it!! Thinking the concept is what I'm after mostly. Not much of the "foliage" type ...LOL. I will be doin' some Nip/Tuck but needed to see placement.

HA ha, Norm, I didn't even look at it that way! ;)

Thanks Q!

Hey guys,

I was in the dungeon today for a bit working on the base. Figure I would take a couple of early shots of the truck and post-em. Try not to laugh yet, I still have plenty of weathering on some key parts (nice shinny tires ::) ) plus touch-up rusting and a couple more pieces (truck parts) left, along with some various junk I need to finish for the bed. Jumping back and forth between the base and the truck now. Hope to make a big dent this long weekend.

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03562.jpg

DSC03563.jpg

The piece of wood is just to hold the hood open for now, not sure if it works yet. Nothing is nailed down in the bed so to speak...configuration is still up for grabs. As I mentioned their is still a couple pieces yet to finish. :p

Thanks for havin' a LQQKY! ;D

That looks unbelieveable. Actually it looks completely believeable..., which makes it..., beliveab... you get the point!

Amazing work. Can't wait to see if completed.

Thanks a bunch guys!!! Means a lot. Dabbled with the base a little this morning. Once life gets out the way, I'll try and get a shot up! ;D

Looks great! But I think the piece of wood holding the hood open is a bit too large, looks like a 4x4 which is quite heavy. At that size it would weigh in at 30 or 40 lbs or 13 to 18 Kg for you meteric folks.

I know from personal experience with this sort of thing, that most would use a mop or broom handle. Or in my case a broken piece of furniture.

But other than that, everything is great!

Thanks John! Ha ha, maybe I'll try and turn down a chair leg! ;D Still on the fence though :-\, not a bad idea. Looking for a long enough break from mowing today to break out some stuff! :(

Ah, this is a real show stopper, buddy!
On the pics showing it in a whole it looks so real and soooo cool! I think I was watching each photo for minutes being unable to take my eyes away. I dream of having something at least nearly like this car on my shelf :)
Can't actually wait to see it with the base.

Thank you for those kind work Solander. Have at it Bro, Count me for the viewing gallery. Some of the best fun I have had in a while!

Couldn't resit popping up a couple of pics from today. I squeezed in some time between the dreaded yard work. The tree, I am still working on. Need to add some more as well as some pickin' to the grass and adding a few things (as always). The driveway needs a brush down with a little more oils and a good final wash, but I think it's coming together ::)

1%252520289.jpg

1%252520306.jpg

1%252520297.jpg

1%252520300.jpg

Enough for the moment....needed down stairs soon to help with supper. I will probably try and punch a little more out with the tree and ground-keeping, leaving only the truck to finish.

Thanks for chaperoning! ;D

TRM,

Rock-On Dude ! That looks Phat !! What type of Grass did you use . .... on th base that is .. ;D

Th Asphalt driveway is really Cool ! I love th broken chunks , th cracks , low spots !! Awesome Detailing Bro !! :eek:

Thanks Erik!! ((((LOL)))) Been a Looong time with that ::) That's a shame 8)

The grass is a mixture of some Woodland Scenics product. Mostly their static grass flock, mixed with a couple other buff textures and of course some dried leaves (from the back yard clean-up today), dried spinach and oregano....no, didn't smoke that either ;D But if I add some water and heat it up, it might make a good soup!! :p

Back