89 Ford F-250

TRM

Hey Guys! Well here is one entry to start. The idea comes from a (redneck) friend from work....(hey, if it walks like a duck and quacks like one...) You can probably guess where I am going! ::)

1%20004.jpg

I was able to rip into this one yesterday. Started modifying some stuff and getting the undercarriage going.

1%20011.jpg

1%20026.jpg

There Boots! I finally got it moving! ;D

Thanks for stopping by!

I see one of these at least once a week around here where I live. I will be watching this one!

Good detail so far. Kit springs are usually nasty. Should be nice all weathered up. Keep on truckin! ;D

Great choice `T` and a grand start so far buddy.................shall be watching this one fella ;D

`Boots`

Hi ya T ,nice to see ya doin a truck ;D, looking forward to following this one mate !

Chris.

Thanks Guys!

Small update....I keep thinking I am forgetting something???? Have not worked with a four wheeled thing in a while! ;D Wndering why I am looking at it and saying, "there is no reason not to squirt some paint"

1%20007.jpg

1%20009.jpg

1%20010.jpg

1%20011.jpg

Still wet...

1%20013.jpg

1%20015.jpg

1%20016.jpg

Tomorrow maybe some Ford blue (engine) and undercoating for the frame and such.

Thanks for dropping in!

Wow very cool you are moving fast! And suspension too. I'm new to model cars so excited to see this build continue!

Thanks asJarra! The more reference pics I keep looking at and I will find something to else add to the bottom.

I still cannot get to grips with the level of detail you guys throw into your models. I thought you built the kit, painted the kit then sat back and grinned. How wrong was I. This is amazing.

Looking forward to the next update.

Haggistom - nothing wrong with building that way. Out of the box is 100% A-OK too.

I agree! With most kits, staight OOB works! A lot of the time, it's actually better...kit under $20 a few weeks of enjoyment. This is just and old kit and I am choosing to enhance some areas for mostly fun. Some stuff may not even be seen. A lot of times, it's just to see if I can! ::) No aftermarket kits with this one. My trusty basket of parts and materials and some luck.

Thanks for the kind words Haggistom! ;D

Good to hear that OOB is A-OK.

Assuming I achieve what I have set out to do I will be happy. That said, I really do like the thought of going the extra mile.

Thanks Guys.

I have now doubts you will achieve what you set out for. ;D The extra maile is always worth it....even if it's just scratch build door handles or adding some rust spots. Makes what your doing come alive. In the end, we all end up being our own worst critic. If you are happy, that is all that matters.......

With that said, get that chopper going!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back