'69 Nova 427, wip

StyreneStylist

hey guys, just working on this Nova kit here and there.

REV4274.jpg

made up the engine over the last couple days
I added some filler strips on each side of the firewall so those big gaps from the kit hood hinges aren't there!

just gotta add the battery and a couple more hose clamps.

IMGP3630.jpg

IMGP3629.jpg

IMGP3636.jpg

IMGP3634.jpg

Very nice stuff again James!!! That motor is looking the part Sir!!

since I'm doing a nice shiny car this time i gotta find someplace to add a little rust! lol a bit of surface rust on the old gas tank will work.

IMGP3644.jpg

IMGP3645.jpg

Some more excellent building there James!!! Underside looks great!!! ;)

That looks really good! Would you be so kind as to explain the colors/medium used between the chassis pan and the differential/drive shaft and front suspension. I really like the semi-gloss look of the differential, etc... (almost looks as if you buffed the high points) but can't quite figure out what you used for the pan and rest of the undercarriage. Any details on that you would care to reveal I would be appreciative. It looks very realistic. ;D

Great job on the weathering! We had one of these Novas growing up. It was the basic grocery getter though. It was that crazy-odd green. I've thought about getting this kit, but I think I'll just enjoy watching yours!

Erik

hey thanks, the chassis is all painted gloss black. then I weather first by mixing a greyish oil paint and dry brush and blend it around, also making the gloss semi gloss... then I airbrush dullcote on the chassis only on the spots i want it to be flat leaving the front frame and stuff still semi gloss. then go back with oil washes to finish the weathering around.

decided to go with more modern wheels. they are Revell, not sure what kit though.I detailed them with oil colors to add depth.
I also added carpet in the interior.

IMGP3664.jpg

IMGP3665.jpg

IMGP3666.jpg

Thank you breaking down the process, I think it's very effective and can't wait to give it a try. :D

Thanks again!!
Daf

Awesome work man. I love the realistic balance you are striking with your weathering. Just superb. That engine looks killer too. Very tight.

just working on some goodies to put in the interior.

scratch made a guitar. just eyeballed the size, I figure if it fits across the backseat it would be close enough lol

IMGP3670.jpg

IMGP3667.jpg

IMGP3668.jpg

That guitar is freaking awesome! Amazing work it really adds some extra interest to the build.

Can't wait to see the rest of the build, do you reckon you could get a drum kit on the roof too?

Very nice job my friend. Where did you find the instructions on how to scratch build the guitar or are they your custom directions that you drew up ?

bit more
dashboard detailed.

also went back and made all the guitar strings straight and locked them down by brushing hairspray on it.

IMGP3688.jpg

IMGP3691.jpg

IMGP3690.jpg

hooterville75 said:
Very nice job my friend. Where did you find the instructions on how to scratch build the guitar or are they your custom directions that you drew up ?

I just googled it, they have those drawings for banjos and electric guitars also. I just printed a few out until the size looked right. If i can find the link again i will post it here.

Latest posts

Back