34 Ford pickup Ratrod .... WIP

Chris S said:
Thanks guys ......any of you fella's got first names ?
Well it looks like the 34 will remain black !!...saves me a bit of work ..lol
Sparkplug wires are commercially available ,if you are in the States try www.detailmaster.com in the UK I would use www.model-cars.org.uk or www.hiroboy.com ,but if you cant get it ,then you can use electical wire ,strip the plastic coating and use the copper wire ,you'll have to paint it tho' . You need wire strands about 0.3mm to be near scale ,but as long as its not too heavy it wont look out of place .
Please feel free to ask questions ,I'll always do my best to help .

I'll have the finished pics up in a day or two ,thanks for looking. ;)

thanks, ill look into it, i would want relatively healthy sized spark plug wires so if i can find some small electric wire ill probably use that..

Chris.

Thanks again folks
Ace ,as Quaraline said ,bell wire or even phone wire is ideal ,I've used those myself . A few wires about an engine does make a big difference tho'

Roger ,I just like to get to know people ,using a first name makes things a bit more personal ,and easier to remember !! lol.

And .....um ...yip its not Black !!! Had a go with the Alclads ...couldnt resist havin a go , I gave it a coat of burnt metal first ,followed by a feww light coats of Aluminium , I kind of like the result ,although I've decided to do a lot more work to this one ,so still a bit to go ,including some weathering !!.
rat16001.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Sweet chris, the alclad came out dope and spark plug wires are nice too, have you thought about replacing the bed floor with wood planks? You are doing a excellent job on this and it shows man im watching this with all interest bro very motivating for me, im even almost thinking of putting mak down and building a car kit soon because i have been watching this build so thanks man :).

mario

Hi Scott, Thanks again buddy .

Quaralane , Thank you kindly .

Mario ,Thanks,Im glad you are enjoying it ,and good to hear its motovating you too , As for the bed ...Ask and you will recieve ..lol Im am actually taking care of the bed at the minute , I've made new planks from light ply veneer strip I had left over from a boat build .
bed1001.jpg

Im also putting in some wire mesh ,which is often seen on wooden beds .... Its not fixed in place yet only set in to check fit .
bed1002.jpg

I'll have more up tomorrow ,the body work has been given a coat of Klear in preperation for some decals and weathering .
Thanks for looking .
Chris.
PS If you wish to see the build from the start ,it can be seen over at Robs site www.Scratchmod.com

it looks great!! and cool tips looking forward for the finishing touches

Thanks again fella's I really appreciate the comments.

Started on the weathering today ,i want the truck to appear well used ..a daily driver so to speak ,still lots to do .
rat17002.jpg

rat17003.jpg

rat17005.jpg

Thanks for looking ...Questions or comment most welcome.
Chris.

buy the way, you asked for my name?

my names Dan XD, most of the guys just call me Ace here at SMA anyhow... XD

Thanks Dan , or Ace if you prefer ,I just like to get to know people ,if you know what I mean .

Scott ,Thanks again buddy .

Quaralane ,Thankyou very much ,this is the fun bit ,Trying to make it look like something !

Hi Roger ,Thanks buddy , glad you like it .

Should get a lot finished up tomorrow as Im pretty much house bound at the minute . :'(

Chris.

Thanks fella's .. got a lot more of this one finished ,so I'll get some pics up over the weekend :)

Chris.

Weekend .....whats that then ...lol , dont worry there's a good update comin very soon ,I havent forgot and have been working on this one too ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back