34 Ford pickup Ratrod .... WIP

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi fella's thought I'd share a few pics of a work in progress Im doing over on Robs site .
It started out as the Lindberg 34 pickup ,but got a little choppin ,channelling and a big motor ,still loads to do ,but I'll keep you posted.

rat9005.jpg

rat9004.jpg

And the motor is just getting finished .
rat14006.jpg

Chris.

Thankyou all for the kind words ,
Yeah the engine still needs a bit ...carbs, airscoop, plumbing etc....

Many thanks.

Chris.

That's really cool Chris. So much a guy can do with something like this. I've been googling rat rod a bit and man, what a cool type of vehicle.

Thanks Scott, yeah you can have a lotta fun with other peoples junk eh !! ;D
There's a few more in the pipeline ::)

Chris.

Thanks buddy.

I got the bodywork sorted ,and applied the matt black primer , ready for the Alclads as I was going for the bare metal look,but Im not sure now ,I think the black suits it well .
What do you think ?
rat15001-1.jpg

Chris.

Black does look good for it. Until I read your post, I thought that's what you were going to use for final color.
I'd go with it

I agree the black SCREAMS rat rod ;). Lookin great now all you need are the red dice with black dots hanging on the rear view. and maybe some racing style decals (small penns oil, klm,champion spark plug, ect) like on the back bed area. My buddy's dad has a real one of these and thats how his is setup and it looks very very dope.

if i had sparkplug wires for my 69 Corvette road ace, they would be going in that car, i would use wires small enough if i could find some, what ells could i use for spark plug wires?

Thanks guys ......any of you fella's got first names ?
Well it looks like the 34 will remain black !!...saves me a bit of work ..lol
Sparkplug wires are commercially available ,if you are in the States try www.detailmaster.com in the UK I would use www.model-cars.org.uk or www.hiroboy.com ,but if you cant get it ,then you can use electical wire ,strip the plastic coating and use the copper wire ,you'll have to paint it tho' . You need wire strands about 0.3mm to be near scale ,but as long as its not too heavy it wont look out of place .
Please feel free to ask questions ,I'll always do my best to help .

I'll have the finished pics up in a day or two ,thanks for looking. ;)

Chris.

Hiya Chris. Nice to see this baby posted here. Looks freaking cool in black.
Yep, first name is scratch, LOL....wait I think it's Rob, yep that's it. ;D

scratchmod

Thanks Scratch.....I mean Rob !! except its not ..........er ..um ...Black any more !!! oops. ::)

Chris.

It's funny you bring up the first name Chris, updating the gallery I like to add members real name to there build and am slowly collecting everyone's names. :-\

Errr---ummm not black?!?! utoh

Last I checked my first name is Roger ... Rog if you like.

Ace, you could probably use some doorbell/alarm wire.
Trick is getting the wire in a small enough size that it works.

Latest posts

Back