1929 Ford Pick-up (with a few changes)

`Boots`

Hi everyone, third attempt at getting some WIP pics up of my first Rod...........

This is the initial kit that was kindly sent to me by my `ol mucker Chris S..............just added a few changes to it....... ;D

2010_02150004.jpg

The cab has had 3/16th chopped out to give a nice lowerered look and then chanelled to fit the chassis, the running boards were discarded and then chopped up so i could utilise the rear load bed and rear fenders........

2010_02200007.jpg

2010_02200008.jpg

The inner floor of the cab has been infilled as you can see by the two pics..........and below the peek added over the screen and a half scratched front grill...............it`s half scratched as i had to keep the top half and rebuild the lower due to a mishap during the adjustment stage

2010_02220007.jpg

2010_02270003.jpg

This is as far as i am at the mo and a bit stuck until the engine turns up, i need to adjust linkage and stuff and also scratch the firewall and front floorpan and i can`t do that until it arrives.... :(

Thanks for looking and third time lucky in getting this post up

`Boots`

Stonkin buddy , good to see this one show up here , you got the pics sussed then !!.

Chris.

Cheers Chris, yeah got there in the end......cheers for that ;), don`t know why i`ve got the little box next to them tho........ ???

`Boots`

Thanks for the kind words folks...................just a shame that i`ve had to put on hold for a short while, WIP = work in progress,

ScarredKustoms said:
I knew I liked you for some reason boots ... Another car modeler ... ;D ;D Sweet build
.................LOL, i`m pleased to hear that buddy, i`ll try not to disappoint ;D

`Boots`

Thanks Rob...................and as an added bonus the engines i ordered arrived today ;D, just gotta pluck up the motivation to build one of them now ;)

`Boots`

No pressure .........but we're waiting !!! ;D

Chris.

Ok Chris...........i know you`ve already seen it but i`ll put up a pic of the story so far

2010_03040006.jpg

The engine is dry fitted and will be de-chromed in Mr Muscle oven cleaner, the blower and remaining parts will be added tomorrow...................this has needed some choppin` and changin` to get things to fit, i ended up moving the rad and grill forward by 5mm so that the linkage was clear of the big 8, more soon folks

`Boots`

Great stuff buddy .....lets see that big blower on there now !!! ;D

Chris.

Ok.................a couple of pics with the blower on

2010_03050001.jpg

2010_03050003.jpg

Just ordered a pre-wired dizzy for it as well so i can add the plug leads etc, firewall has also been scratched and so has the floorpan (not added in these pics btw).................still a bit too go tho!!

Thank you Quaralane and Chris :)

`Boots`

Hey Ace, that is a Ford 427 cubic inch V8, as for the techy details i`m not sure buddy, i`m new to this big engine lark ;D

`Boots`

`Boots` said:
Hey Ace, that is a Ford 427 cubic inch V8, as for the techy details i`m not sure buddy, i`m new to this big engine lark ;D

`Boots`

awesome, XD

Hi fellas, just finished scratching the firewall and the floorpan, a bit of a chore but it certainly tidies her up a bit, just need to sort a tranny tunnel to hide the tranny alltogether.................here`s a few mock up pics of her so far......

2010_03050001-1.jpg

2010_03050003-1.jpg

2010_03050007.jpg

2010_03050008.jpg

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back