1/72 Yokosuka D4Y2 "Suisei", Fujimi

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Yeah, other victims of my scrap Box. I start them at my pre-airbrush-era. When was that dark time of modelling? Medieval? But I just remember the Box Art

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here you get a small update.
I filled the seamlines and sanded down all transitions. They get an overall Tamiya light gray coating. I found very much missing parts, too :) They looks like a real challenge for my nerves, cause the quality is so bad, I cant tell ya ;D

A little more progress today.

Both Suiseis painted in JN Green (Tamiya XF-11) and JN Gray (Tamiya XF-12). Yellow Wing markings painted with XF-3. Looks like, one Gunsight get lost. I dont replace it. I maybe found it later :)

I also added those strange things, should be the Canopy, antenna-mast and wire. At least I found the Decals, too. But one sheet is in a bad condition...

Quaralane said:
I see what you mean about the decals.
Maybe do templates and paint them?

I thought about it but I wouldnt, cause I have so many japanese Aircraft in Scale 1/72. Maybe one of them will contain a extra set of decals to use. If not, I paint them later.

Ok, we have a progress here :)

I applied the Decals. The adhesive film were still in a good condition, two of the Hinomarus sadly torned. I also start to paint canopies and exhausts. My Suiseis get another "Zuikaku" Flight-Deck to display.

Guess, we are ready for the Dawn Patrol :D
I finished my Suiseis today. Ok, some Parts and Decals still missed. I add them later (If I can find them)

Latest posts

Back