1-72 X-Wing Fighter by Bandai

Well I did a bit more, at this stage I gave the kits a bit of primer

Top one is Bandai:
primed.jpg

Primed2.jpg

Slightly different,.....but which is more accurate?
primed3.jpg

You can see the copex tubing on the Bandai:
Cockpits.jpg

The butts:
Butt.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Does the nose section on the bandai come with a detachable nose cone, is there an internal radar system that can be shown if the nose cone is left off

Thanks for the comments guys

Jimi said:
Does the nose section on the bandai come with a detachable nose cone, is there an internal radar system that can be shown if the nose cone is left off

I don't know what it is, but theres detail under there Jimi

IMG_1447.jpg
IMG_1446.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

As has been said, once you snap these tarts together they are pretty hard to take apart again

I assembled the wings into the fuselage and discovered the primer that I'd used had tightened the axis of the wings, so I had to remove the primer on that rod

I thought to would be better to paint the insides of the wings now before assembly......this will break my pattern of owning model with just primer on them

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

...OK time for a bit of spraying......shudder

Gave the entire ship a coat of primer,....then pre-shaded it,.....then white with a hint of deck tan

Then masking for the window frame

IMG_1474.jpg

......sorry.......massive jump ahead......everything was pretty good,.....I was happy.....until I gave it a blast of what was supposed to be matt lacquer,.....which wasn't...hence the glossy shine to the model.

Still more to do,....pilot & fix bits up,......& get a matt finish back

Red Leader:

pass2.jpg
pass.jpg
back.jpg
side.jpg
Front.jpg
top.jpg

Thanks very much for looking & have a great Christmas
John

excellent turn out of the new kit... i heard someone say it only comes with stickers and not decals...is that right?

It comes with stickers if you want to build it really quick for a desktop display + it comes with the normal waterslide decals also.

It really is a brilliant kit,.....can't recommend it enough

J

Very cool. This one is on my list. I almost ordered it but pre-ordered the 1/12 Stormtrooper instead.

Latest posts

Back