1/48th scale F-106x Delta Super Dart!

schweinhund227 said:
Nice plane! What was the problem? That required so much Sealer? Can you elaborate?

Do you mean putty?

Take care!

ooh, well it required a tun of sealer, beacuse it had so many seams, lost most of the detailing beacuse most of the pannel lines where raised, but thats ok.

Haggistom said:
Bad news Ace.

Are you in a position to show us a couple of pictures of the damage. It might help some of the more knowledgeable chaps afford you some assistance.

Tom

yep

F-106xbrokenlandinggearfix.jpg

@schweinhund227
what i did was simply glued the broken peace back in place, but i don't know how well this will hold, i would try your technique if i had a drill, but i don't. this may hold, but the question is how well, i may have to get a pin vice and drill a small hole through that and get some wire that will fit through that and re glue it together.

well here is whats done after repairs, i think i have advanced a little farther into the build, a little.

it just needs a final paint job, decals, and a few other parts, i cant find the canopy, lets hope i can find it later...

F-106Xrepairs.jpg

Nice progress on this Ace! Sorry, missed out on this....still playing catch-up after the contest. Keep going buddy! Watching this might get some mojo back for my FW190 I never finished!! ::)

TRM said:
Nice progress on this Ace! Sorry, missed out on this....still playing catch-up after the contest. Keep going buddy! Watching this might get some mojo back for my FW190 I never finished!! ::)

alright, i hope too see that FW-190 XD

Quaralane said:
Interesting camo on her, Ace

yea, i wanted something a little different for her, this may i add is only the rough coat though, this is more of a base camo coat, im going to sort of wet sand this and hit it with a final coat, then some future, then put the decals on, then im really going to experiment with weathering on this one, make it look like it really saw some serious combat.

Quaralane said:
Look forward to seeing it, Ace

thanks bud, im taking your advice after building the Ace Of Spades P-51B, thinning out the paint and stuff, that way i get a nicer even coat, i may even try some rattle can in some places... we will see. but im defenetly thinning out the paint.

Definitely, very good work on the fix!

Paint job is looking great, those decals will really make this model pop.

Keep it up Ace!

Fruit said:
Definitely, very good work on the fix!

Paint job is looking great, those decals will really make this model pop.

Keep it up Ace!

thanks a bunch for the encouragement Fruit, yes indeed the decals will really make this aircraft, especially with the camo and stuff!

Latest posts

Back