1/48 P-61... by Great Wall Hobby. Geekgasm!

In the immortal words of George Takai.... "Ohhh myyyy"

I want one now. Been waiting for a new tooled Black Widow for ages! I wonder if they'll do the Recon variant also?

Never heard of them before Scott, is that a short run maker? The artwork reminds me of the Dragon and Cyber Hobby CAD renderings, any relation? If it can be priced anywhere near where the Cyberhobby Bf110s were when they first came out, Id definitely be interested... The CAMS challenge will be twin engined WW2 aircraft in 1/48 next year, so this kit could fit the bill if the price isnt too much. Otherwise, I have a few Mossies and a Pro Modeler Bf110 here in the stash to build.

Elm City Hobbies said:
If their past kits are any indication, the price for this thing won't be for the faint of heart!

If it's in the same reasonable range as their FW-189 (about$35.00)... If they can keep the price under the $50.00 mark it's going to be a big seller I think.

Carsenault said:
Never heard of them before Scott, is that a short run maker? The artwork reminds me of the Dragon and Cyber Hobby CAD renderings, any relation? If it can be priced anywhere near where the Cyberhobby Bf110s were when they first came out, Id definitely be interested... The CAMS challenge will be twin engined WW2 aircraft in 1/48 next year, so this kit could fit the bill if the price isnt too much. Otherwise, I have a few Mossies and a Pro Modeler Bf110 here in the stash to build.

They are a sister company to Lion Roar, the PE aftermarket guys. New kids on the block so to speak to actual kit production.

This is a in box review their first kit released.

1/48 WWII German Focke-Wulf Fw-189 A-1 Night Fighter Plastic Aircraft Model Kit Great Wall Hobby

US MSRP on the FW189A1 is $63.00, the A2 $55.00

If they can keep the P61 in that range I guess it wouldn't be too bad....I think maybe I was thinking of some of their halftracks they have done which reach into the $80-$100 range MSRP

The Revell was.... OK in its days... :p

this one... on the other hand looks like a NEAT Slick machine.... just what the doctor ordered !!!

LOL

Hi, all!

Here is a link to the announcement with the price:

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=GWHL4802

$119 retail, though there is a discount to $95.

While I do not begrudge anyone who's going to pick up this kit, for me, I'm going to wait. That's too rich for my blood, for one thing, even discounted, for a twin-engine aircraft in 1/48. For another thing, I'm perfectly happy with the old Monogram kit. I'm going to wait until the Great Wall kit starts to appear on the secondary market, eg, eBay or at shows, for deep discounts. My limit will be around $30, I think. That's just my own resolve, not meant as a judgment on anyone else.

YbiC
Brad

Latest posts

Back