1/4222 Errant Venture

Seeing this just amazes me. Especially since i know full well how small this thing really is

WOW, it is Fantastic!!

Very inspiring, thinking of undertaking a task like that makes my head sore!

J

Nick you've been hitting the hard stuff I see. What's hilarious is that you were clipping every clamp you could find to keep the hulls from popping open. I see hand clamps, file clamps, the plastic clamps from Home Depot, even a Panavise table clamp in that one pic. Any clothes pins or rubber bands we should know about?
All kidding aside it looks incredible. Can't wait to see it in it's full blown glory which should be any day now. Kudos pal.....you deserve it.

Thanks guys. This work is starting to feel like it's paying off.

The Panavise is actually the mounting arm. All the other clips were necessary because I used stiff gauge wire and had to squeeze down the top...there were a few spots along the trenches that didn't quite meet up either. Although the one spot I WAS worried about was the new height of the main ventral hangar. I didn't think to measure before building. ::) As luck would have it, there were no issues there. Turns out the only real fit problem is on the rear starboard trench hangar...there is a little lip of plastic that I need to trim then it'll be good.

Great stuff Nick it's been a joy to watch, we havnt got it easy though have we lol, what with the entries I've just seen pop up on the front page :eek: some great stuff allready.

-Wipes tear from eye.....
beautiful.....simply beautiful.
How did you ever CRAM all that material into the ship?

;D ;D ;D

'Tis a thing of beauty seeing those hull pieces together like that.

What a great build man! Can't wait for the finale now. This things gonna be a stoater!

merseajohn said:
Great stuff Nick it's been a joy to watch, we havnt got it easy though have we lol, what with the entries I've just seen pop up on the front page :eek: some great stuff allready.
I know I bailed on my K'Tinga but John is right. These finished builds are just amazing to look at. The level of artistry and skill is amazing. Love watching these come together and meet the deadline.

Guys. I MADE the deadline. Holy cripes. With all the detail shots I wanted to share it was tough to do a composite image. I only did ONE to give way to the more impressive wide angle shots of the whole mutha. I'm totally wiped for the day so you won't see my final process images until tomorrow morning...WHEN you should also see my entry images. But what the heck, here's a teaser (it's big so be careful!). Enjoy and happy modeling!

3-errant_venture_foreportqtr.jpg

Holy Schmokes that is incredibly awesome!!!!
And you made the deadline!!!!
YAY!
Voting is going to be tough!

Thanks guys! Here's a handful from the final round of work and some of the final shots. There are 54 images in the gallery, so you can checkout the slideshow HERE

I added a tasteful amount of greeblies to the engine plate, did the dome supports using fiber optics and strip styrene, added the billboards (might have to use dimmer LEDs next time), did the pre-shading and a base coat of 70/30 gloss white/light gray, decaled the nose, added the freighters and carriers, added a TON more panel lines with a sharp pencil...then added it all to a mirrored base. :D

evq_img_7201.jpg

evq_img_7238.jpg

evq_img_7244.jpg

evq_img_7282.jpg

evq_img_7297.jpg

evq_img_7305.jpg

evq_img_7317.jpg

evq_img_7320.jpg

evq_img_7323.jpg

evq_img_7324.jpg

evq_img_7328.jpg

evq_img_7331.jpg

evq_img_7338.jpg

evq_img_7349.jpg

evq_img_7368.jpg

OH WOW! :eek:

That is gor-ge-ous!!! Such a legendary build, thoroghly sublime stuff. 8) :) :D ;)

I'll say it again. Fantastic work on this.
Especially considering the size of this model

Latest posts

Back