1/4222 Errant Venture

The weekend was totally not as productive as I hoped (spring cleaning :() but some of the more time-consuming tasks were chipped away at....

1. Built out trash chute.
evl_img_6993.jpg

evl_img_6994.jpg

evl_img_6995.jpg

evl_img_6996.jpg

2. Ran almost all of the super structure fiber optics but ran out of my 500ft stash. 300ft more to come later this week.
evl_img_7005.jpg

3. Added secondary conning tower/communications array. Still not 100% on whether it should stay…
evl_img_7007.jpg

evl_img_7008.jpg

evl_img_7009.jpg

4. Super detailed the super structure with a bunch of PE bits as well as vinyl. I went cross-eyed more than once and I still have to finish the top right side then ALL of the bottom.
evl_img_7021.jpg

evl_img_7022.jpg

evl_img_7023.jpg

evl_img_7025.jpg

evl_img_7026.jpg

I'm really liking this build. ;D
I'll be following this closely!
Cheers

oh btw, what are you planning to use to trim your fiber optic after the paint job?

I say..... I do believe someone's cheese has slid off his cracker!

The amount of greeblage and impacted detail is too much for my mortal mind to comprehend... Please stop!...
Not really!
;D ;D ;D ;D

Just what Quaralane said a pair posts above ;D
Man, I already don't try to hold my jaw in place anymore when checking your progress.
And better start puting it on the floor each time before opening this topic to avoid cracks because of the fall ;D
Seriously, this is unbeliavable. Thumbs up!

Thanks guys! I've been running a little slow this past week but work has really picked up yesterday and today. All that bling is primed over and the bottom half was blinged out. :D

I'm actually into the fiber bundling and LED wiring phase now...so brace yourselves...this is the final week where it all comes together....

Frank, to answer your question, I have a fine tip surgical scissors that I'll be able to sneak into the corners to snip the fibers short.

But here's the update anyway:

1. Finished running fiber optics to the upper hull.
evm_img_7034.jpg

evm_img_7035.jpg

evm_img_7052.jpg

evm_img_7079.jpg

Looking good!
evm_img_7038.jpg

2. Bundled fiber optics with LEDs on upper hull. 5 total white 5mm LEDs for the upper hull.
evm_img_7087.jpg

3. Final layer of primer on upper hull.
evm_img_7060.jpg

evm_img_7061.jpg

evm_img_7064.jpg

evm_img_7065.jpg

evm_img_7068.jpg

Still looking good!
evm_img_7086.jpg

4. Detailed the lower hull with PE & vinyl.
evm_img_7054.jpg

evm_img_7055.jpg

5. Detailed the Gravatic Amplitude Modulator (or interdictor dome). There will be a few flashing nav beacons sticking out of it, too.
evm_img_7045.jpg

evm_img_7046.jpg

evm_img_7049.jpg

6. Added docking arm to rear port trench hangar area. The Wild Karrde docks nicely. Yes I know it’s out of scale…but I’m going with it.
evm_img_7071.jpg

evm_img_7078.jpg

evm_img_7077.jpg

7. Placed the trench flood LEDs.
evm_img_7091.jpg

evm_img_7083.jpg

I tend to use the word awesome when commenting on some of the models on this site, but this is really deserving of the word!

The amount of work thats gone into this amazes me, its truly gonna be a masterpiece.

Fantastic work man

Well......
This build will be receiving 8 or 9 of my votes.....
Incredibly fantastic!
There really aren't enough positive adjectives to express my awe.....Maybe emoticons will help?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D :D ;D :D :D ;) ;) :) ::) :eek: 8) 8) 8) :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

I really do appreciate the encouragement guys! It really helps to fuel me in this final week! It's gonna be a nail-biter to the finish line!

** falls out of chair in awestruck amazement **

Not bad Nick. Not bad at all.

I know.....the clock's ticking,
and I am painting on mine right now...
Good luck, I think you will still beat me. :)

Another fantastic post-weekend update!

1. Started prep work for billboards
evn_img_7092.jpg

2. Placed engine LEDs. The main 3 are mounted, too, but not connected so they aren't lit up yet.
evn_img_7096.jpg

3. Finished up the trench hangars. The larger forward one have nice built out ceilings complete with equipment. I’ll place some little ships in each when the time comes.
evn_img_7098.jpg

evn_img_7101.jpg

evn_img_7102.jpg

evn_img_7103.jpg

evn_img_7104.jpg

evn_img_7106.jpg

evn_img_7111.jpg

evn_img_7114.jpg

evn_img_7121.jpg

The little starboard aft trench hangar has a dog in it.
evn_img_7108.jpg

4. Hooked up red flasher LED to some of the fibers. There are now flashing beacons along side the smaller forward trench hangars as well as near the port docking arm and the forward antenna array. Sorry, no pics.
5. Attached the main ventral hangar with some LEDs. Sorry, no pics on that one yet either.
6. Added some pod flood LEDs. One more to be added on the port side still.
evn_img_7109.jpg

evn_img_7110.jpg

7. Oh, finished bundling ALL the fiber optics to their LEDs as you'll see soon once I get all the LEDs hooked up.
8. Ran a quick test with most of the non-fibered LEDs.
evn_img_7107.jpg

Next steps will be finishing out the main and auxiliary ventral hangars and their lighting systems.

Mate this is truly exceptional, let me give you a massive pat on the back. My blockade runner has just been slung towards oncoming traffic.

Latest posts

Back