1/35 Trumpeter BR-52 and 2cm Flakvierling

Madhatter

Hi all

I have just finished my version of Trumpeter's 1/35 BR-52. It's finished in a self-designed "forest Splinter" scheme - something different other than the usual Black or grey/yellow scheme Trumpeter offer you. The way figure it, there were over 6000of these made during WW2, so who knows exactly what was done with them all ;)
Anyway, it was 9 months or so of hard work and on more than one occasion, it almost ended up in the drawer of doom. However, perseverance has paid off and it has resulted in my best work to date.
AM list was small but extensive - Eduard "Big Ed" PE set, LZ Models resin set, Armor 35 Coal and lots of time spent filling ejector pin and mold shift marks. I did scratch up a few things here and there, like the cab floor, light bulbs around the walking boards and air lines etc
Anyway, this is my first ever steam loco and also my last. Next up in a few months time will be the K5 railroad gun

IMG_7748_zps98e91bf5.jpg

Ay and all constructive criticism is welcome
thanks for looking
MH

Exquisite work. Unique and interesting colors.

The Flak looks a liiiiiitle out of place in terms of it's clean finish (it would be covered in soot from the engine).

I desperately want to try my hand at one of these but man its an expensive project...

thanks guys - sorry for the delay in replying - I haven't been online a lot lately (too busy building :) )
Yes, I agree - the flak gun does need weathering. Ii just haven't gotten around to it yet. I won't have it on there when it goes to Expo next year.
I also have the K5 and have actually even made a start on it, but then I got a bit bored making something else on rails, so I decided to take a break from it and build something else for the mean time (a civilian BV-222)
There is a full WIP here: http://madhatterscaleworks.blogspot.com.au/ if you would like to take a look. There are a lot of detailed photos in there and show the work that went into it.

Thanks again guys and I'll see you around again soon
MH

Latest posts

Back