1/35 Tamyia BMW R75 with sidecar

Torvid

Hopefully I have this in the place.
This was the first model I remember building as a kid so it seemed like a great place to restart. The BMW R75 with sidecar from Tamyia.

Kit.jpg

My plan for the build is to have the bike stationed next to a checkpoint hut with a barrier, one figure in the machine gun seat of the side car the other manning the hut. I’m not sure how accurate a scenario it is but I like the way the parts are fitting onto the base and I figure there is just enough scratch bits to build to challenge myself without going crazy and quitting.

So far I have most of the bike painted up (I realize now my paint was too thick and will fix this next time) still need to do the stowage and add decals.

BMWr75-1.jpg

I have a prototype barrier built out of some bits of security tag I was messing with at work whilst bored. Need to change out the green rope for tea bag string once I get tea bags with string on them, and figure out my math for getting it to counter weight correctly once I work out how far I want it to hang over.

Barrier.jpg

Need to make the hut, just thinking a little one man wooden type with a tin roof. Excuse the picture this was a very rough first idea out of a box lid on my desk at work.

Hut.jpg

Oh and base it with sand and some kitty grit for the edge of the road. Idea’s for improvement greatly received and suggestions/links to how to do rifle straps would be awesome.

Thanks

Torv.

Hey Torv, you have a great little vignette in the works there. Looking really cool.

Thanks Scott,

Been working on the sorry excuse of a hut and some of the stowage for the bike whould hopefully have some new pic's up at the weekend.

Torv.

TORVID,

Yeah Dude ! I dig it ! Nice lookin' bike & great concept. It's not too far off of th real thing .... I don't think any one will challenge you on th authenticity ! I'm lookin' forward to seein' it come together !! Some of th Border crossings did have the Post that you have made from soda straws, which is a great Idea by th way !

ERIK

I got completely side tracked with work and some projects at home but i should hopefully have an update on progess not that it's much but i got the bike up and ready for decals, still working on the hut can't decide whether to have it cut away to get some more room on the base and make some basic interior for it.

off to find the camera and put it on charge.

Torv.

was thinking of entering this http://www.modelzone.co.uk/m151a2-tow-jeep-14413.htmlfor the comp, anyone have any feedback on the kit?

Got the decals on but the camera was not working with me :(

DSCF0542.JPG

DSCF0541.JPG

DSCF0543.JPG

Have a few paint spots to touch up but i think i can try some weathering on her.

Torv.

Did a mock up of the basic layout on the base tonight.

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Still not happy with the hut need to think more about it before i comit to the plastic card.

Cool layout, nice way to use the drawbar (what are those called?) to suggest the road 'off screen'.

To me the roof looks big. I think the scale of the 'tin' is a bit large too - but more the actual dimensions of the roof. Don't wanna be critical, love the idea - just my opinion. Might help you work through the design.

Scott & Quaralane thanks for the comments

Think i'm going back to the drawing board on the hut and get something more like the wooden box's of europe.

Latest posts

Back