1/35 GST Zobel Light Reconnaissance Vehicle

Hi Roy.
Yes each piece is cut out using a #11 blade. Some people have success using scissors but i can do finer work with a knife.

Jim

Today's update.
Constructed and installed all the mirrors and the front tow points. Also made and installed all the pioneer tools.
I think the tools look real good compared to images of the real zobel i found.
After finding this image.

zobel-00_zps4ba33d26.jpg

I just had to scratch those antennas. Had some .05mm styrene, fishing line, then made the bases out of card.

Body11_zpsd09d8f93.jpg

Real thing.

zobel-03_zpsc961a5ce.jpg

Left side.

Body13_zps86720781.jpg

zobel-04_zps3f1d5c03.jpg

Front on.

Body12_zpsecd425fb.jpg

zobel-02_zpsf619da78.jpg

All that is left now is to construct the wheels. I'm having fun with this vehicle.

Comments and questions welcome.

Jim

Well, this is what has been occupying my time this morning, cutting out the parts for the wheels and tires.
Now that that is done, rest a bit before taking on their assembly.

CutnOutWheelParts_zps019c518f.jpg

Jim

Hi Roy.
;D It's not that bad, just have to be patient and take your time that's all.

Jim

Thank you Andrei.

It's time for the final update.
Spent this morning finishing up the assembly of the wheels and coming up with a good procedure to install those tread. The result actually turned out ok. I was afraid the tread was not on thick enough card, but the end result i was surprised.

Wheels1_zpsde6b0a53.jpg

Wheels2_zps71b978ef.jpg

This afternoon the wheels were installed, and this is the final result.

Final1_zps8c16e659.jpg

Final2_zpsa802746a.jpg

Final3_zps112cde20.jpg

Final4_zps1a5e3079.jpg

Final5_zpsdf7d01aa.jpg

Final6_zpse6b9accd.jpg

Final7_zps97e31196.jpg

This was a fun build and my 2nd build since returning to the hobby. Now on to the BSC.
Comments and questions welcome.

Jim

Jim, that is so very cool. I so look forward to your sub ;D

Do you or have you built wood, plasatic or resin kits or just paper?

Hi Roy.
I've built many aircraft over the years out of balsa, ( use to be in RC ). as well have built plastic when i was younger. Have not attempted wood yet but do want to build a wooden ship at some point. Paper i have been doing off and on since my accident in 2004. I have enjoyed it. I will build plastic again. Waiting for a kit that i have on order.

Jim

Super cool! I didn't even know these paper models existed. Pretty cool and what a cool vehicle! Nice work

Latest posts

Back