1/35 GST Zobel Light Reconnaissance Vehicle

Papermodder

Modeller in both Plastic and Paper Card
Thought i would start what should be a quick build of this German GST Zobel. Something to do till the start of the contest. It is only a 3 pager so it should not be too bad (famous last words, HA HA).
Did the cutout fold and initial assembly of the shell, as well as have the windows scored ready to be cutout.
This model is by Julius Perdana and is available as a free download.

Here is the printouts on the bench ready to start.

Kit_zps3b68e0b9.jpg

The shell is cutout, scored and the initial folds.

FirstCutampFold_zps5a76f92a.jpg

Here the shell is glued and ready for the windows to be installed.

Shell1_zps85bd81f0.jpg

Tomorrow should have the widows cutout, folded and assembled. Hopefully installed and some more done.

Comments and questions are always welcome.

Jim

Thank you Spud. I find them fun and very creative.
I have a bigger project lined up for the contest.

Thank you Roy.
This is a new vehicle for the German army. I do not think it is available in plastic yet. We tend to get new equipment in paper before they are in plastic. ;D

Geegad thank you, and more will come.
I have a nice 1/25 tank kit coming and can't wait to sink my teeth into. Detail and greables galore.

Jim

Tonight's update.
Was able to fold and install the windows, before installing the floor pan. the floor pan really starts to firm up the body.The under chassis fillers were assembled then installed. These were a tight fit which is good. The hood was assembled and installed. I have the shrouds for the front propellers assembled, they will be attached tomorrow.
This is where i am at tonight.

Here the front windows are installed and the side and rear windows are ready.

Shelll2_zps291d9f3e.jpg

This is the floor pan cut and folded.

FloorPan_zps030fd095.jpg

Windows and floor pan installed.

Body1_zps8767714e.jpg

Hood & chassis parts installed.

Body2_zpsd2b52dbd.jpg

Rear View.

Body3_zps9a5b5aaf.jpg

Will see if this can be completed before the contest starts. Some how i doubt it.
Comments and questions are welcome.

Jim

Jim, I was think paper models would be a very sqick build. It looks that it takes a bit of skill and time?

Hi Roy.
You have to have good knife, hand, eye, control for this genre. If you want to compare it to something, think of a whole model made of PE. That's about the best analogy i can come up with.
Lots of free stuff out there you should try it sometime.

Jim

Hi everyone.
A short update tonight. Spent the day adding details to the front and rear of the body. These took a bit of time to construct and that is all i am going to do today. I like how every detail one adds, fleshes out the model more.

This is how she looks at the moment.

Rear view.

Body4_zpsa0fb2dc5.jpg

Front view.

Body5_zps490cf05b.jpg

We shall see what can be accomplished tomorrow.

Jim

Thank you Roy.
The encouragement helps as i show more of this genre.

Jim

Today's update.
Coming down to the wire. I want to finish this, but not rush it , so that i may proceed with the contest build.
I'm really enjoying this new camera. At last i have a camera that takes good macro shots and the colour is more natural.
Today was able to get a lot of the body details done. Whats left are the mirrors, antenna, tools, then the wheels. We will see how those wheels look.

So this is where i am at tonight.

Front view, this grill is a double layer of card.

Body6_zps8edc618e.jpg

The hatches, vents and periscopes were added.

Body7_zps86dc8b4c.jpg

The side view you can see the convoy lights.

Body8_zps227de1e8.jpg

Just a another view of the rear detail.

Body9_zpsf2b2faf7.jpg

An overall rear view.

Body10_zpsb2b23548.jpg

Getting there. I hope you like what has been done so far.

Jim

Latest posts

Back