1/32 Skyline McDonnell F2H-3

Fruit

Hey guys!

I'm going to be building Skyline's 1/32 Banshee for the Juniors category. (Note: I printed off the blue variant to look through, but I'll be building the grey version).

Jeremiah, the one-man show operator/designer/modeler/pilot, has done an excellent job of recreating the Banshee as a 1/32 model. The graphics are superb, and the design retains the highest form of fidelity.

The model can be found here for the price of $11.50 (He's practically giving it away!):

http://www.skylinepapermodels.com/

He also has a few others going for prices in the sub $10's, and these are the unusual subjects one sees in the modeling world. Hopefully he'll use his artistic vision in designing some usual subjects that haven't been graced by such artistic vision (*cough, F-14, cough*).

I learned from last year that going into a competition late is practically a recipe for disaster ::) So this time around, I'm going to try to keep the pace even, and really do this design some justice!

Here's the entry picture:

Anyways, off to work on the cockpit!

Good luck Fruit. I will be watching as I would like my son to have a go at some of those designs as well. Cheers.

I have seen these around but never built up, most interesting for sure! Good Luck :D

Finally! Spring Break is here and I'll be able to fit some modeling into my schedule ;D

Reminiscent of my thread last year, I've included a semi-first impression write-up.

$11.50 later, one instantly has Skyline's 1/32 Banshee. This kit certainly stretches the value of the dollar. It also seems like a challenging kit, both from examining the parts layout and just the sheer complexity of the design.

The kit has a whopping 12 pages of parts (though 2 pages are former (frames) pages). I've chosen the Canon Matte photo paper as the medium. I love how the prints came out! The graphics are superb, from the Yorktown (?) markings, to the metallic engine textures, Jeremiah nails the Banshee in all its glory.

The cockpit looks especially nice. There is a lot of potential for detailing in the tub - knobs, dials, the works. I'll be spending most of my time in this area :p

A close up of the markings/ texture work. If you look closely, you can see shading on the panel lines, which will surely leave an impressive effect once finished. Also, take note of the tank. The hard grey turns very subtle as it meets the white - these are the little things that count!

And the landing gear. The kit retains its quality even in the lesser seen areas. Note the gear diagrams.

And finally, one gets three separate documents. The first from the left is general instructions that are helpful in building not only Skyline's models, but all papermodels. An essential read! The next two documents go hand in hand - one is the text version instructions, and the other the diagram version. The text version is oriented in a "check-list" layout - making the build easy to follow. The diagrams are extensive, offering numerous views and information.

An all around wonderful kit! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

Anyways, tomorrow I should have some progress up! See you guys then!

Hi Fruit ,

These paper kits have come a long way since I first saw them . I still have a few old Fokker Dr1 kits :)

This one looks very nice ,I shall be watching ...good luck ;)

Chris.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your interest ;D

Chris, have any pictures of those kits? Or a name of the publisher?

Slight update - I'm absolutely excited to actually cut some paper! Unfortunately, I didn't do too much.

Here are the majority of the parts that compose the cockpit tub. There's a lot of potential detail work that can be done on the sides of the tub. I do plan to attempt such detailing - though I'm not entirely sure how I'll do it ::). (In fact, I may be delayed in detailing this area, since my punch set is useless).

If worse comes to worse, I'll just leave the dials/switches/stuff as is. After all, the graphic work is pure quality - one can tell how much work Skyline put into this!

Penny for size :)

And this is what's keeping me from actually gluing up the tub! I need to paint the edges of the parts, but seeing as it's already night time/raining, I've decided to leave that for tomorrow.

Alrighty, that's it for now! I'm hoping to get these all glued up tomorrow!

I find that (ART) with a "tinny" touch of madness, all at the same time....

Wicked skills you need to pull that off !!! Love the work you have done.... Looks Awesome.

Can't wait to see more !!!

Looking forward to seeing this take shape Fruit. It's pretty cool to follow your paper builds.

Jason

fruit, thats alot of work for A paper model
admire your skills and patience!

ER

Latest posts

Back