1/32 scale P-40 Spacehawk Diorama

Stargeezer

I started a thread awhile back about a project I was working on involving two 1/32 scale Revell P-40s a small Japanese truck and some figures. The plan was to combine the P-40s and make a kind of retro space fighter diorama with a hover truck, pilot, ground crew figure and a robot mechanic. I decided to follow the design of the F-82 Twin Mustang except the P-40 twin just has one cockpit. Well to make a long story short the family cat got into my work area and knocked the plane of of the shelf breaking it into several pieces. I finally got back to the diorama the last month or so and repaired the plane I'm happy to say it is back on track. I have a few pictures of my progress so far I have got the fighter painted but still need to weather it and finish up the hover truck and figures.

P-40Spacehawk5.jpg

P-40Spacehawk8.jpg

DSCN4102.jpg

DSCN4103.jpg

DSCN4104.jpg

DSCN4105.jpg

That is such a kewl concept. Yeah, it'll be great to see it finished.
And the truck and crewmen. ;D ;D ;D

This is awesome, but I'd like to see more of the crew (and the robot thing)
It's got multiple jet drives?

Kit bashing 101!

Great work there. Waiting to see more.

BTW: Was there a funeral for the cat?

Great...

That made me think about Dan Dare, the sci-fi retro look.

Incredible the fact that you guys, with cats, had so many problems with broke models. I'll have to take care of two, my new workbench is exposed to them, in a room, they never ever did that (for the moment).
Should I be more suspicious, groaning everytime they slip by the door ? :)

Yeah, when my Iron Clad was in the final stages, I was REALLY worried that one of our cats might knock him off the work table, and break him! I was really stressed, fortunately they never attacked him ;)

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, the cat committed the atrocity in the middle of the night so I don't know exactly what happened. I just know that she got into my work area and the next morning the plane was on the floor in pieces. Strong circumstantial evidence of her guilt, and she has jumped up on shelves before and knocked other things off. Well anyway I'm just about finished building the hover fuel truck so I'll be painting the truck and figures soon I'll post more pictures when everything is painted.

I have finished painting the hover fuel truck the robot and figures for the P-40 Spacehawk dio now I just need to come up with a base. I used the one I bought on the Post Apocalyptic Scopedog Diorama for the group build. I have an old base from a project that did not survive the move last year that I may recycle. I'll post some pictures of the figures and truck on Tuesday next week.

My P-40 Spacehawk diorama is finished the original idea was to build a P-40 version of the General Grievous fighter from Star Wars. I think now that it's more like something from Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow. I picture a secret underground base somewhere in the desert disguised as an old run down airport. The home of the elite Spacehawk Squadron defenders of America from all unusual threats from space. The squadron uses the twin P-40X Spacehawk, the pilot has just landed and is discussing the performance of the fighter with his ground crew. The crew chief has arrived in a hover maintenance truck and is accompanied by a mechanic robot.

DSCN4127.jpg

DSCN4126.jpg

DSCN4128.jpg

DSCN4129.jpg

DSCN41192.jpg

DSCN4121.jpg

DSCN4120.jpg

DSCN4122.jpg

DSCN4123.jpg

These types of projects are FANTASTIC! Off the chart in creativity. Beyond the norm in Imagination.
Scratchbuilding, conversions, and well done paintwork. Absolutely Wonderful work. Bravo! Bill

Latest posts

Back