1:32 F-14 A revell 1989 kit

Kitty

My brother brought me a revell 1:32 F-14A kit a few weeks back.
This is going to be my first attempt to build a kit after my stroke last year, my left hand is still not working completely, but i'm gonna try anyway.
The plan is to detail this bird, with photoetch for the tamyia and resin parts.
I already have the eduard interrior set for tamyia, the aires gru-7a ejection seats and the academy pilots and groundcrew, so i'm well on the way.
Next thing to get is the exterior photoetch set for tamyia or trumpeter (haven't decided yet which one).
i already started on modifying the cockpit part so i can fit the aires seats on ejection rails etc.
i'm also planning to open up the fuselage for scratchbuilt compartments for the M61-1A cannon and the bullet drum, the ladder and the steps, as well as cutting holes and make compartments under the airbrakes and cutting movable airbreals from brass sheet.
a lot of work and pretty hard to do with only 1 fully functional hand.
i'm alo looking for the m61 parts for the vulcan canon, except the barrels, i already ordered the brass gatling barrel set for that thing.
so if you have those parts as spare, i'm interested or if you can copy them in resin , that would be ok too.
I haven't found any resin model of that gun in 1:32 scale, only the barrels in brass.
Hopefully i can make a somewhat decent build with this handicap.
wish me luck :)

Good Luck. Don't let a stroke keep you from your models! Love the attitude and can't wait to see the progress shots.

Welcome back to the fray, looking forward to your build. Tomcats are probably my favorite naval aircraft types and I've always wanted to tackle one in 1/32.
And I can relate to the one handed modeling, it was a temporary condition for me after a shoulder injury. I built a Revell Lancaster using mainly just my left arm since I couldnt lift my right arm over the desktop.
Sounds like you've got it all planned out. Be sure to keep us updated on you progress and best of luck to you Kitty.

cheers

Charlie "Cheetah" Arsenault

Wow A topgun!!! lOtsa Luck, Kitty!!! don't let stop you.... looking forward with your pics!!! ;D

Looks like you're of to a good start ,thats a big ole bird ! By the way ,a modelling friend of mine also had a stroke and he still produces some great models ...Im sure you will too ;)

Chris.

What a great attitude you have Kitty.

The Tomcat is also my favourite aircraft, would love to build the Tamiya 1/32nd one day.

You've set yourself quite a task, looks good so far. I will be watching with great interest

Good luck buddy

Gag

Wow, I dont remember this kit having recessed panel lines. been a long time since I have seen one out of the box.

I made a mistake, it's not 1989 , but 1987 even :)
At least it says on the model on the bottom fuselage near the right engine airduct.
It was produced by Revell Germany i think, luckily for me, since the left airduct part is warped beyond repairs, same for the wheel rim parts, and it seems revell germany still has spare parts :)
This one has plasic as well as Vinyl tyres, i think the vinyl tyres went out in 1989 it causes unprotected styrene to warp, so in later releases they went out.

I might order the B and E sprues from Tamiya black knights F-14A they hold the cockpiy parts, ladder , landing gear and bays, might make it eassier to enhance this bird without too much scratchbuildig.
Still costs like 56 Euro's

Latest posts

Back