1/32 Arii 1975 Daihatsu Midget

mr lucky

OK folks.....not sure if this where this belongs...if it needs to move please tell me!

This is my current project, 1/32 Arii 1975 Daihatsu Midget. I'm building it as a weathered daily driver for a local farmer. This is my first project working in this scale, and I'm really digging it! I used the hairspray technique for the rust effects. Everything else has been washes with drawing ink and thinned paint, and dry brushing. These aren't the most up to date images, I need to shoot some more pics and get those posted. The bed of the truck will be loaded with random clutter, as well as the driver's compartment. I realize the pics aren't the best either, I do apologize for the quality.

1957DaihatsuMidget103112-3.jpg

1957DaihatsuMidget103112-2.jpg

Thanks...Erik

Pics look good. Nice weathering job you did. So what will be the fate of the chicken in the cage????? ;D

Nice work, it looks like my dad's old Kushman only not nearly as rusty! :D
This is the kind of model kit I wouldn't mind building, fun and unusual.

Nice work and very cool little kit. I have always secretly wanted to own one of these little three wheelers in real life.

Thanks so much everyone! This little kit was a blast to work on. I have a few more in the basement I may bring up and see what I can do with them.

The roof is suppose to be a canvas top, but the plastic was molded so smooth I just went with the hardtop instead. It also gave me the wear opportunity I was after. I now see in the photos I didn't do as well as I thought I did in getting rid of the ejector marks on the back wall of the driver compartment - oh well....

Here's a link to the album - http://tinyurl.com/bdmqp57

1957DaihatsuMidget111512-1.jpg

1957DaihatsuMidget111512-6.jpg

1957DaihatsuMidget111512-5.jpg

1957DaihatsuMidget111512-3.jpg

Thanks all....Erik

Very nice Erik.
Extra points for the patched-up seat, the rim and the dusty windshield.

Cheers

Super neat oddball subject.
The weathering and wear look very realistic.

Hmmmmm, doesn't look like this story ended well for the white chicken in the first couple of shots eh? ;D

Subhuman1 said:
Hmmmmm, doesn't look like this story ended well for the white chicken in the first couple of shots eh? ;D

Now that you mention that. It appears that the poor lil chicken was chicken one day, feathers the next bawahahahahaha ;D

This is a cool little project. I think it looks like it is really made of metal rather than plastic.

Thanks for all the kind words...much appreciated!

I thought I was going to paint the chicken white, but I was afraid it would look too much like a plastic chicken. I'm pretty happy with the new color. But, the question remains....is the chicken on the way home from the market? Or is our junk collecting farmer taking the chicken to town with the hope of trading her some additional tools?

I enjoyed the rusting this thing out, but I think my next oddball truck will just be heavily worn. I'm already thinking it will be either a plumber's truck or a heavy equipment repair truck. Either way it is going to another Arii kit!

Thanks all....Erik

Latest posts

Back