1/144 Strike Noir Gundam

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
I've had this guy for a year now I figure its time...

005-7.jpg

6 part trees love it
006-4.jpg

Started with the torso cleaning up
007-5.jpg
008-3.jpg

I got the torso and a few other parts in primer right now. I'm priming this dude with tamiya white primer because its going to be a mostly gray paint scheme so the white primer makes it easier to see the gray paint while airbruhsing.

strike7.jpg
strike5.jpg
strike3.jpg
strike2.jpg

I need to paint the gundam face before i stick it in the helmet because some seam work needs to be done on the helmet and its impossible to put the face in once you glue the helmet together unless you modified it in someway which I didnt feel like doing.

strike4.jpg

Got the pistols assembled and de-seamed deepened some of the recessed detail with a scribing tool

strike.jpg

Pre assembled helmet

strike6.jpg

Re: 1/144 Strike Noir Gundam Finished

Well i have been having camera issues for a while now. Im actually going to purchase one soon. Untill then i've been borrowing from friends and its a real bummer because i cant capture as much progress and I really wanted to show alot of this build and paint job progress because i feel i really made some strides with the airbrush on this build. I just used the box art as inspiration for the paint scheme. I tried to get a gradient effect with the different shades of gray as depicted on the box. I did do a custom camo scheme on the photon rifle thinys. I also altered the base that came in the kit quite a bit and did a gray scale camo scheme on it. all and all, im very happy with this build and would encourage others to experiment more with your airbrush on things that arent models to gain a better understanding of what this tool is capable of im often surprised at how seemingly difficult techniques really are not as hard as one might think ;)

020.jpg
019.jpg
018.jpg
017.jpg
016.jpg
015.jpg
014.jpg
013.jpg
012-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back