1/144 Revell FedEx Airbus A300-600

jetjock

This build is a conversion of the Revell Airbus A300-600ST Beluga kit.

The Braz Models A300-600 resin fuselage and horizontal stabilizer were used to the replace the Beluga kit parts.

The FedEx decals are from Draw Decals.

The paints are Gunze Mr. Color with the exception of the FedEx purple from Xtracolor (it reminds me why I hate painting with enamels!)

Some of you here know that I actually fly the A300/310 for FedEx so it was a pleasure to build this for myself.

I happened to go fly the afternoon I finished this build and found it an amazing coincidence that out of the 104 A300/310 aircraft FedEx flies, I just happened to be assigned the exact same tail number, 681, that I had chosen for my model . ;D

The name of the aircraft is not an exact match for all you tailspotters who track such things, but the decal sheet happened to have my Dad's name, Richard, and since he passed away just a few weeks ago, while this model was being built, I chose to name it after him.

DSCF2236%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF2238%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF2248%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF2251%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF2256%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Thanks for looking!

If you fly as well as you build, then you deserve a raise.
How cool it is to be able to build what you fly. And a spot on build as well. Well done sir.

Great job jetjock! I recently started as a handler at Bradley for FedEx, I will hopefully meet you one of these days. I'm also going to build one of the A300-600F, but I'm using the Airfix A300B fuselage with the Revell Beluga wings. Any way you can give me a measurement from nose to tail on the finished build? I think I will have to add a plug to extend the fuselage but I cannot find any scale drawings for this aircraft.
Thanks
Dave

Latest posts

Back