Zombie Hunter Gyro-copter

Nothing like backroads...but I'm just gonna go see how weathered Moose and 100km signs actually get.

And for fun, a shot of my current 'work environment'. Ridiculous.

4136.jpg

No kidding right? I try to start a build organized...but usually the messier it gets the closer to completion I am and the more fun I'm having. It really ends up being 'like art'...brushes and colors all over the place.

Couldn't start a build like this though...it would make me crazy.

Took a drive to get some reference. THe front of the 100KM sign was virtually spotless, however the back had some nice streaking....

As for the Moose sign, the first one I came across was 3/4" plywood, and pretty beat up. Mine simulates aluminum.

4137.jpg

When I weather the backs I'll first laydown some masking tape, per the post, and then remove it. These signs are tight to the posts and therefore that portion won't get dirty..much.

Is it quitting time yet?

It is amazing how every modeling desk gets like that, you clean it up with the best intentions of "next time I won't let it get that bad", and the next build comes along, and you are dragging out a tv tray, because you have so much junk on your desk you run out of work space.

I love it that your actually venturing into the real world for research and refrence, it will definitely pay off and is worth it. Your right about the post covering up dirt & grime, I have signs at work that have been up for years and when you take them down you have an untouched line running down the middle (you get spiders webs and bugs though!). And what do you mean "being like art.." we are artists lol!

I like to get out into the real world every once in a while. There are some odd people out there....like artists.

lol.

Great Gyro Scott. Looking forward to seeing the finished work. Very Cool. Bill

Scott Girvan said:
No kidding right? I try to start a build organized...but usually the messier it gets the closer to completion I am and the more fun I'm having. It really ends up being 'like art'...brushes and colors all over the place.

Couldn't start a build like this though...it would make me crazy.

A friend, Scott, said that when it's lock, that when you find it messy...

(Loch... Nessy... LOL... OK, forget about it...)

the Gyro-copter is coming together nicely. I think I want to participate in this GB

I just viewed your video from Sept 11. The 'copter is looking awesome. I think the highway signs as fins is a cool touch. You have a lot of good plans for those auto builds. I hope you can find the time to complete them.

BTW, about the 1964 Dodge with missing windshield: Have you considered a demolition derby theme, as it would not require a windshield?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I have actually thought about DemoDerby...would be really cool.

Got a bit of a bench back together and was able to put in an hour or so tonight.

Andrei made a really valid comment a while back about the fact that the jerry cans were dragging on the ground...so I raised the rear end and added larger tires tonight.

This also gives it a bit more attitude, IMO.

4140.jpg

4141.jpg

Looks flippin' awesome Scott!!! LOL...I could see myself bying the resin kit version of this if it came with a pilot and the dead zombie!!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks guys. Makes more sense like that.

A wee bit of progress tonight. Some paint on the rims and fenders. Hopefully this will be finished this week. It's getting time to move on.

4142.jpg

Scott, I swear every time you put paint to plastic your skills improve! You are turning out such great work. Great Job man!

Latest posts

Back