Zombie Hunter Gyro-copter

Thanks Dan.

Here's the obligatory primer shot. Main assembly at least.

4124.jpg

Vallejo -Dries real quick like.

Gonna let this cure overnight...plus have a b-day party here for Em...15 hyper girls running around.

No comments Spud. :)

Gotta plan my attack on this paint job. First, several rust shades and then I'll chip the cage and chassis. After that...not sure. Rear fins most likely....gonna make some decals and have one as a partial road sign, the other gas station sign. Texaco perhaps. (or Irving, the local gas tycoon)

LOL am i that easy to read :p

its looking mighty fine now Scott

Clean primer shot is almost as good as the finals!!! Very crisp Scott!!

BTW....Happy B-day to Em!!! I feel you pain, got a 15 yr old here as well!!! ::) Enjoy, they are only this age once!! ;D

Scott Girvan said:
I'm in for sure, just not exactly sure with what....

4106.jpg

Considering the Semi...as a type of 'carrier' for this (in progress gyro-chopper)

4107.jpg
that little flying thingy is totally awesome reminds me of mad max, this is gonna be a killer contribution keep up the great work!

Thank you very much! Totally appreciate the comments guys. Keeps me moving.

Tonight I got about 4 hours of bench time. Here are the results.

First, a base of rusty brown:
4125.jpg

Then I painted the rear fins a white/flat aluminum mix:
4126.jpg

Salt was next, followed by red on the bars, black on the frame, and a mid grey everywhere else:
4127.jpg

After:
4128.jpg

Decals, designed and printed this afternoon.....at...work:
4129.jpg

Couldn't resist trying to get one of them on tonight:
4130.jpg

Obviously still a ton to do. I think I'll go back in with red and sponge the frame. Same for the engine and other 'chrome' parts. The rest of the painting will have to be by brush and try to get different shades of aluminum on the bars and rods.

ONE QUESTION: What color should I paint the rotors?

Thanks guys!

[attachment deleted by admin]

One heck of a fine update Scott! The signs are a brilliant touch and the rusting is stellar!!!

As for the rotors, Not really sure about that. I have seen a couple red and white or black and white?? Maybe one black red tip the other raw steel a little rusted? LOL!!!

Can't wait to see the next update!! ;D

Those rotors would be under quite a bit of stress, so I doubt rusted rotors would last very long. From Wikipedia:

Rotor blades are made out of various materials, including aluminium, composite structure and steel or titanium with abrasion shields along the leading edge. Rotorcraft blades are traditionally passive, but research into active blade control trailing edge flaps is performed

Since steel is used, rust could be done, but I wouldn't fly a thing with rusted out blades. Rusty frame yes, but not the main rotor.

I would do black blades. Or mix and match the rotors like Todd offered.

Thanks guys. Great ideas for the rotors and I really appreciate all the feedback. I think I'll go with a flat black, and yellow tips. I'll chip the leading edge a bit, back to an aluminum color.

These just arrived. Wow, TINY! Not quite sure how to use them but I'll figure it out. I think they'll be a nice touch.
4131.jpg

Latest posts

Back