Xtronic 4000 Soldering station woes

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
Ok, so back in January I bought myself an Xtronic 4000 soldering station, after reading many good reviews and careful consideration. Tonight, I go to use the thing for the first time and it works great, but, when I tried to put a new tip in (it comes with 10 different tips) the part which unscrews to allow you to take the old tip out, instantly cracked in half making it impossible to tighten. Now, I am a very careful person when it comes to my tools and electronics and I am certain that I applied no aggresive force to this, it cracked with no effort at all. I can no longer tighten it up without using electric tape. I'm just very upset right now, I mean, this thing was pretty expensive for a soldering iron, I definitely expected something a little more heavy duty for the money.

Has anyone else had this problem with their soldering irons or the Xtronic 4000? Does anyone know where to order a replacement stylus for this specific model. I caontacted the company tonight, but, who knows how that will go. There is a 1 year fix and replace warranty...i'm just so frustrated right now I'd rather just order a new part than wait for BS customer service.

I dont think any tool I have ever bought broke the first time I used it....

I don't really think you should have to order or pay for a replacement part mate. Warranties are just that. You didn't break the part so why should you have to pay to replace it. Its a fact of life man. Go through the process to have the warranty pay for the replacement part or even better yet a new soldering station. I recently bought a little cheapy soldering iron from Walmart to solder the pieces I needed to to convert my ATX power supply to a Lab bench power supply. Bought it for no reason at all as I came to realize that I have zero soldering abilities and couldn't get anything to solder lol. So I ended up using some for liquid that I found that did the same end result as soldering. Sorry to hear of your woes hope you can get them sorted out and fixed asap. Keep us posted on how things go if you replace with the warranty.

I have that model and I have never had any problems with it. I took a look at mine and I think the only way that could have happened is if that the part was defective. Just wait and see what customer service has to say. Did you get it from Amazon? If so, they might take it back.

I got an email today saying that they were going to replace the the entire unit for no charge and that they have never heard of this happening before.

Here is a picture of the cracked stylus
IMG_1628_zps55ffcc50.jpg

I did read a lot of positive reviews about this thing and I was really enjoying using it until that happened. Im sure it was just a defective one.

That is not the part that I thought broke, but yep that is defective. Good to hear about the positive customer service policy!

Latest posts

Back