WWI armor

bushman32

I am looking for model manufactures of WWI armored vehicles and tanks. I know they are out there, but not knowing kit manufactures they are hard to find. Thanks for any help.
Ron W.

Emhar quality is low, but there's not much choice for WW1 stuff. There are some tiny garage companies out there making resin kits, but they are hard to find and pricey.

Yep it's Emhar if you want WWI armor. The quality is not the greatest. I built most of their stuff as comm. models and the one main thing to worry about is gluing the tracks on the Whippet and Mark V male and female tanks. I tried everything to try and glue those suckers. In the end I used a lot of earth and mud effects to help hold them in place. The A7V is a nice kit if you can get one. The tracks are meant to work and come with indy links and metal pins.
It's def a subject not often modeled so if you do go for it, post some piccies here for all to see.

Scratchmod

www.scratchmod.com

Thanks to everyone for the help. Well, i guess I will go Emhar :-\ and do some research and a little modifications. While I work on it I will post pics. Maybe, hopefully, another manufacture will do some WWI armor.
JMac, thanks for the link on that WWI org. That will be a big help on correcting kit problems.
Ron W.

Anyone that may be interested RPM Models makes some WWI era armor and vehicles, however I cannot find a website for them. I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a website for them.
Thanks,
Ron W.

I was just taking a look at the Airfix site an saw that they have two WW1 tanks in their catalogue. Not sure of the quality or scale however.

The scale is 1:76th and I think is good for the £6.99 i paid for it. I hope that helps in some small way

Latest posts

Back