wish me luck!!!

yea me too but this one has been layin around for awhile so i figured why not? have u done this one yet spud?

I don't have one at all. i have 3 modern kits and teh buffalo the Hett and the T-90 everything else is from Nam era down, Bought a new Panzer 4 hull spg today. pic is in whats new in your stash in chit chat

well this is my first humvee!! i really want that het but gotta pay for school :-[

yea hopefully!!! hey spud do know what color i could lay down before the final coat kinda wanted to use that ak chipping solution but dont know what color to spray for the chipping!!! and also i have that ak modern us paint what do u thin that with? thanks

The ak color should be ready to spray but if it's too thick then thin it with water or vallejo thinners. As for chipping and salt, I wouldn't go that far on the model, but if you want try it out you could paint the NATO colors seal it add you salt let that cure and add some ak chipping fluid or hairspray then paint it but I would only use a small amount of it.

Hope wall of text is some help :D

ive been eyeing this kit to add to my stash, i will definitely be following this build! good luck!

Don't be so quick at CHIPPING heavily those work horses ! CARC paint is one tough paint !

Although it might look cool ! It might not be as realistic as you want it to be ! I don't say DON'T do it ! I'm just saying... Do your research ! and sometimes.... LESS is MORE ! light chipping around edges would be part of normal wear ! I agree !

Many Vehicles in this case the M1114 and its big brother the M1114 HA were deployed either in their NATO Scheme and were later upgraded using Upgrade kits ! sent to units already deployed or 2nd line Field repair units in charge of Upgrading those M1114 to the latest Up-Armour variant if their mission required it !

Which could yield some cool looking machines... Green paint and Huge Armour bolt on HA plates already in Sand color... a hodgepodge if you like ! (See Picture)

While many were shipped directly from DEPOT already painted in Sand ! others were transferred from Bases all over the states in Green and stayed green ! and were covered in Sand dust which gave them a nice Dirty look ! while sporting New turret or bumpers or Hoods in Sand Colours !

The Mechs fixes those machines as good as they can with what they have on hands ! if its the wrong color ! either Beige or Green !!! it doesn't matter ! The mission comes first !

That's why you see lots of Hummers with a slew of Mods that were either Early mods or Field mods or Late mods.... They all seem to be different ! pictures on line are hard to date sometimes.. that's why Research is important ! so you don't build a Frankenstein machine !

I have seen my share of OVER done work horses and I would settle with Less... for a better effect !
Don't go Too far as it might look Tacky

55695101201009201612541355643740724_004_640.jpg

m1114HMMWVbelue2.jpg

a model and a real one... that Fall in where my Love for weathering would stop !!! just enough !

Best of luck and Hope to see your project come to life soon !

The suspension is tedious ! take your time and read the instructions carefully !

Take care !

Norm.

PS: pictures are for discussion only ! and are not mine ! found them on line.....

hey guys still working on it but sadly my car got broken into and someone stole my ipod and camera along with my most recent pic :'( so im trying to find another camera so i can post some more recent pics!! oh and thanks for the advice schweinhund227!! i have been looking at more pics online at these beautiful machines and ur right not a whole lot of chippping on these things!!! i guess i just want to use that chipping fluid!! i wanted to do the nato scheme but to be completly honest im a little afraid to do that camo color!!! maybe ill give it a whirl!! thanks guys wainting to get another camera!!! i have stoped building for now!! dont want to misss some good pics to show yall!!!

ok sorry for such a long time between post but my loving mom let me borrow her really expensive camera made a little progress on the humvee. between school and wrk im tryin to git-r-don

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back