[WIP] Endore Bunker Biker Scout Scene

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm watching this with great enthusiasm, and interest. I just sold Scott a kit that I had for a few years. I wasn't planning on building it, but saving it for recasting. I bought another kit off ebay last week. I just got it today. This one is sealed, the one I sold Scott is a later reissued version with the off-white colour. I wanted the original unopened one so bad. I'm going to start collecting these, or at least one more opened reissue version, then offering them for $10.00 a kit. This way, no one will have to fight for one on ebay. Only I plan to make them in the original gray with alternate parts for studio accuracy. I haven't decided yet, but this is just a future project in the works. I want to build the two foot version for my own home studio someday, but that will have to wait. In the mean time, I'll just watch everyone else, and guage their needs by their build difficulties, and lend a helping hand when, or wherever I can.

Little Cutie said:
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I'm watching this with great enthusiasm, and interest. I just sold Scott a kit that I had for a few years. I wasn't planning on building it, but saving it for recasting. I bought another kit off ebay last week. I just got it today. This one is sealed, the one I sold Scott is a later reissued version with the off-white colour. I wanted the original unopened one so bad. I'm going to start collecting these, or at least one more opened reissue version, then offering them for $10.00 a kit. This way, no one will have to fight for one on ebay. Only I plan to make them in the original gray with alternate parts for studio accuracy. I haven't decided yet, but this is just a future project in the works. I want to build the two foot version for my own home studio someday, but that will have to wait. In the mean time, I'll just watch everyone else, and guage their needs by their build difficulties, and lend a helping hand when, or wherever I can.

Am I Reading you Right >? or something got lost in the translation ?

I don't want to start a sh@t storm here Little Cutie but re-casting for your own personal use is not really a problem for most modellers - but re-casting and then selling said re-casts of what is still other's work is. I doubt that many will agree with the sentiment, however well intentioned, that you will be helping those out who want the figures - even if you were to say it's at cost price to whoever buys the parts.

It is a real "Light the blue touch paper and retire to safe distance" topic and you may well get slammed for making such an offer.

Being the guy here with the 'big stick' I feel I should comment. I am not passing judgment. I buy kits and cast parts for personal use. I have also bought detail kits that could have been made up (in part) of some items that were modified and cast.

This is a huge, HUGE ugly box of worms that we are opening here. Before things get ugly and out of hand I would like to see this thread return to discussing Norms wicked awesome build and leave it at that.

For the record: SMA does not promote, condone or participate in recasting, plagiarism, or the resale of copy written material and this forum is certainly not the place to debate the morality of it.

At the end of the day you will live your life the way you choose.

SCHWEINHUND,

Great lookin' figure ! Th bike is Bangin' too !! I'm lookin froward to th next installment.

Ya' know with th recent talk ... It never ceases to amaze Me that no one has either tipped George Lucas onto th fact of how well Figure sets would go over or Why He is being so Tight with it. I can only imagine how fast boxes of Stormtroopers , Rebels , Hoth , Endore, etc. would fly off th shelf. & the 1/16 scale individual figure market would Explode like th Death Star ! C'mon George .... Have a Fire Sale on th Rights to produce Figures ! ;D please !!

I'm not anything close to a sculptor, but th scenarios that run through My head .. especially with this Biker Scout figure. Tiger Stripe Camo , Desert Camo, Waffen SS Pea-dot camo .

I've got a Biker Scout in th stash - Th AMT Speeder Bike Flight Display, because I can't figure out what I want to do with it. I built th smaller one Waaaay back in th day when it was 1st. released. I gave him th U.S. Chocolate Chip desert Camo from th early '80s. Gave th Bike a Desert Camo. I thought it came out pretty cool. But he met an untimely death in th woods when Scout came across an M80 ! :eek: ;D

Schweinhund, these figures Rock !! ... Question ... With th kit I have currently - AMT Speeder Bike flight display - are there any fit issues with th bike or any issues at all I should know before getting to them ?

Keep up th Great Work !!

ERIK

Hello Erik !

Not sure if I grasp the full extent of your question in regard to FIT issues with the AMT SB kit ?

The Flight display and Original kit are identical but the Flight display use a Form Fitting Clear Pane that you Force your Bike Rear End into and "Voila" you have a Hovering Bike... Pretty neat !

Now the Bike has a few issues ! The one I keep working on first is the Engine Block piece ! the RIBBED parts.. being a two pieces part the parting line is very obvious and needs sanding... I use a Foam backing Sand paper... used in automotive body prep or... those abrasive sponges sold at Home improvement stores... it conforms to the RIBS and makes the clean up a Breeze !

Next in my Book are the Forks... lots of clean up there as well... I use "FLEX FILES" to round up those and I take the time to Rub off all the Ejector pin marks on the parts that are visible... and if too Deep... I use small pieces of Styrene to cover them.

I also replace all Power conduits with 4mm Steel Springs from MechaSkunk or equivalent from the Hardware store... the matting surfaces on the bike only need a little Hole and the springs fit in nicely !

the Throttle Cables also need replacing ! those are best done using Guitar strings... either Steel Core or Nylon Core !!!

A little Thinning of the Steering Vanes in the front of the bike will help make them look Nice and thin or you can also replace them with thinner styrene sheets you traced from the originals.

Some argue the Control arms on the Forks also need replacing but I haven't done it Yet !!!

I always leave something out, so the Next Bike can be Better !

Did I answer your question ? or was your question more about the Fit of my Figure onto the AMT Bike ?

anyway.... Take care guys !

My apologies to all. :-[ I honestly didn't want to offend anyone or start off a punch-up. It was mainly that I have seen others torn to bits on other forums and didn't want to see it happening again.

Anyway

This is a cool build and one of several sculpting threads I'm watching on several forums as I have a few projects in mind - and one in hand - that I hope to get done. I did have a go at altering a speeder bike figure for one build but it was kids stuff in comparison to s'h'227's work here.

Mmmm, got a speeder bike buried in my cave somewhere. Think I need to dig it out and check it's all there and have another go.

No need to apologize Noddy,

For what it's worth! My scouts aren't that good! Sure I take all your constructive comments and make good out of it but I haven't re invented the wheel here!

With enough Will and determination anybody can bring this Ugly duckling to a higher state of being!

Since I build a few! I can tell you that none of my guys are identical! Sometimes by a long shot!

I am my worst critic and I can tell you that I am re working my original Master in order to get an even better product! Easier to cast and better in many ways! Still you can polish a turd! But Only so far! As seen on the Myth busters!....

I though I was done with the "Speeding away" Scout troopers but I guess the subject might need a few more copies before it's finally put to rest!

Keep posted! I'll have more for you guys!

Later.

Norm.

SCHWEINHUND,

You were correct. I was wondering about the fit of the Speeder Bike kit. I see the recently posted Video & I'll check it out.

I can only assume that upon sculpting th Bikers that if there is one that is riding, that it fits quite snug on th Bike ! Did you do the one where the Biker is looking back firing his pistol ?

Th rest of that was just asking why the Star Wars hasn't gone full tilt into th Figure/Dio market yet. Like a box of Stormtroopers in various poses, or giving you the ability to repose. Also a box of a few different poses of Boba Fett ! ;D I could go on forever. I'm still a little green behind th ears here, but I take it that thread has been discussed before ?

ERIK

Yep I agree. Loads more that can be done with this particular trooper. There's something about the armour and the helmet and the speeder bike that always has appealed to me. Lots that you can play around with and create different variants of.

Look forward to seeing what you do with yours. :)

Latest posts

Back