WingXL (formerly Wingscale) is going bye-bye

The B-25's and B-17 that HK are putting out, is actually the ones that Wingscale were producing.

The story goes something like, the kits were his brain child, but he didn't, or couldn't put the money into developing them, so the partner in China he was using had to bring in another outside partner to help finance the kits.

In the end they went their separate ways, Wingscale was dissolved and HK Models was reborn with the 3 B-25 variants (only one has been released so far) with the promise of the B-17 and Meteor at a later date (as well as a 1/32 Lancaster that they are working on).

Wing XL was then formed as Martin got another partner, with the promise of a few other kits, and now we come to this where he is closing up shop for good.

Hopefully we will see HK (or someone else) pick up on the ones he was going to do under Wing XL

Elm City Hobbies said:
The B-25's and B-17 that HK are putting out, is actually the ones that Wingscale were producing.

The story goes something like, the kits were his brain child, but he didn't, or couldn't put the money into developing them, so the partner in China he was using had to bring in another outside partner to help finance the kits.

In the end they went their separate ways, Wingscale was dissolved and HK Models was reborn with the 3 B-25 variants (only one has been released so far) with the promise of the B-17 and Meteor at a later date (as well as a 1/32 Lancaster that they are working on).

Wing XL was then formed as Martin got another partner, with the promise of a few other kits, and now we come to this where he is closing up shop for good.

Hopefully we will see HK (or someone else) pick up on the ones he was going to do under Wing XL

Well Scott, the folks from HK Models posted (somewhere I can't remember) a post explaining in detail what happened with Martin and the story was a little different.
But regardless, I have to say that this move does not surprise me in the least.
I do hope the folks at HK Models do come out with the second B-25 and the B-17G and eventually come out with more large scale aircraft.
I have their B-25J and the quality in the details is very good.

Yes, HK tells a little more grim story, I was just trying to be nice.

HK is committed to 2 more B-25's, the J Gun nose, as well as the H Gunship (75mm cannon in the nose).

As well both a F and a G B-17 (I am not sure if those will be 2 separate kits, or a 2 in 1 kit), along with a Meteor Mk.IV, and a Lancaster Mk.III which will be a beast.

The J Gun nose was supposed to be on the market by now last I heard, but just checking their website, there hasn't been any more news on it. Maybe sales of the Glass nose wasn't as much as they had hoped...I am not sure.

Difference between the Glass and Gun nose kits would be minimal, not like they would have to create a new tool for the entire kit, basically just a new nose and guns, so not sure what the hold up with it is.

Well I'm going for the B-17's.
Now if they come up with a B-29.......... :eek:
;D

While IM sad to see Wing XL go, realistically, even if I had room in the stash for those big kits (let alone enough display room), they would be priced far out of my price range.

Latest posts

Back