William Shatner meets George Lucas.....

He said the three little words I always use when anyone says Star Wars is better than Star Trek.
Rodenberry never made....

Howard
the
Duck

Rodenberry never made Star Wars 1, 2 and 3 either.............

Lets see....Star Wars....6 movies, one or 2 ho hum TV shows.

Star Trek, 11 Feature Films (with another on the way), 5 great TV series, 1 ho hum cartoon, and changed the world as we know it.

Don't think there is much competition as to which is better

Ok, let's clear this.
He got a point on howard the duck, and he was kind enough to avoid trashing the prequels.

And i'm not sure we want to compare anything to anything, because there is cheesy and crappy stuff on both sides. I don't really like the starwars prequels, but i wouldn't say that the 11 star trek movies are genius work, so let's avoid entering into details ;)

Star wars is my stuff, but i like Star trek too.
(Jedi mind trick) So you will go home and stop comparing what can't be compared ^^

Exarkun77 said:
Ok, let's clear this.
He got a point on howard the duck, and he was kind enough to avoid trashing the prequels.

And i'm not sure we want to compare anything to anything, because there is cheesy and crappy stuff on both sides. I don't really like the starwars prequels, but i wouldn't say that the 11 star trek movies are genius work, so let's avoid entering into details ;)

Star wars is my stuff, but i like Star trek too.
(Jedi mind trick) So you will go home and stop comparing what can't be compared ^^

These are not the comparisons you are looking for.

Exarkun77 said:
And i'm not sure we want to compare anything to anything, because there is cheesy and crappy stuff on both sides. I don't really like the starwars prequels, but i wouldn't say that the 11 star trek movies are genius work, so let's avoid entering into details

Agreed, apples to oranges if you ask me and both series' have their good and bad points, both were groundbreaking in their own rights and both still entertain me as well as my eight year old son equally.

Besides, completely crediting the success of anything after 1991 to Gene and failing to recognize Rick Berman is pretty ludicrous. That's like blaming the failed second revival of Twilight Zone with Forest Whitaker on Rod Serling...

and how does one measure 'success' anyhow? While I see that one is credited as 'better' because it has made more films/shows they aren't credited for what those films/shows have brought in financially. I think the entire Star Trek franchise has brought in around 4 billion to date while the Star Wars franchise is up around 20 billion.

Better? Who really cares?

Fan boys... ::)

Besides, completely crediting the success of anything after 1991 to Gene and failing to recognize Rick Berman is pretty ludicrous. That's like blaming the failed second revival of Twilight Zone with Forest Whitaker on Rod Serling...

Not taking anything away from Rick Berman, however if not for Gene's vision, no one would know who Rick Berman is.........

Life Day! Lumpy! Itchy! Bea Arthur! Ouch!

There were so many people involved in making the movies it is hard to credit (or blame) just one person. From what little I've read on Star Wars thank goodness Lucas had others on his creative team to at least attempt to reign in some of his more bizzare ideas. They deserve some credit in making those movies what there are. Maybe the same is true from Robenberry.

But lets see what over flames wars we can start here..

Star Wars vs. Star Trek!
Kirk vs. Picard!
Joel vs. Mike!
Stuffing vs. Potatoes!

At the time I really liked Lea Thompson in Howard the Duck.

AND

I like Star Trek and Star Wars, however, I like Babylon 5 better (stood all it's self, didn't need to be reinvented a dozen times).

IMO the Star Trek version of Howard the Duck has got to be Star Trek V.

Grendels said:
Now you are leaving out Babylon 5. Can't have that. ;D

Dude, this was great! I need to get the Babylon 5 show to watch. I've seen a couple but never got into it because of time.

Two thinks irked me about this movie but I loved it just the same trying to ignore the inconsistancy with the scale of the Sovereign class and using a very old constellation class ship in the mist of all the cool tech. lol Oh and the absence of Hull Plating armor and quantum torps.

JMac said:
At the time I really liked Lea Thompson in Howard the Duck.

THAT. I loved HtD because I grew up with it and Lea Thimpson was so sexy hot in that movie... especially in one of the scenes where she was in sexy lingerie. lol

I'm on of this dual citizens between the two shows/movie. I love them both and it annoys me when people try and compare the two. It's too different to even compare. I find it funny when the fanatic fans try and compare "Who'd win battles" type of thing. The tech in Star Trek is way way advanced to Star Wars, so it's really dumb to try and compare.

JMac said:
IMO the Star Trek version of Howard the Duck has got to be Star Trek V.

A: I think Rodenberry might of already been dead at that time.
B: If he was alive, I still blame Shatner for V. 60+ year old guy free-face rock climbing. Right!
C: I have no idea what you are talking about. The movies go from IV to VI. I see no V!

Both have good and bad points.
Been a Trekkie since I could pick what I watched on TV.
Loved Star Wars since 1977.
Although I confess I HATE watching the "Who's better?" fights

Quaralane said:
Both have good and bad points.
Been a Trekkie since I could pick what I watched on TV.
Loved Star Wars since 1977.
Although I confess I HATE watching the "Who's better?" fights

Agreed...

same...

same...

again, agreed.

Besides, there are about 1100 other threads covering this topic on about 785 other forums around the web, so we don't really need to make it 1101 on 786 right?

:-X

Latest posts

Back