William Shatner meets George Lucas.....

ScaleModelMadman said:
Besides, there are about 1100 other threads covering this topic on about 785 other forums around the web, so we don't really need to make it 1101 on 786 right?

:-X

Wow, only 1100, I would have expected more... ;D

howard-the-duck-5.jpg

OK.....which would win in a battle.........

Enterprise, Star Destoyer, or Battlestar Galactica...............

OK....but which Enterprise you ask....

For shear firepower, it has to be the E, Quantum Torps and the massive phaser array, D would be a close second on firepower, and all the Enterprises top out on the maneuverability over the other 2 ships.

Star Destroyer......slow moving, not very maneuverable, but makes up with a shear amount of firepower

BSG (either the classic ship, or the new one), not something you would want to go go toe to toe with, but probably the least of the 3 in the firepower arena, lots of defensive batteries for smaller ships, and while it does have an offensive capability, it is probably secondary to sending out the Vipers to do the killin

There is a Marvel crossover comic somewhere out there where Spock give the Vulcan Death Grip to Wolverine. Boom. Dead!

What's the Force gonna do to Wolverine?!?! Yoda gonna make him some soup? BAH!

DreamKnight said:
Grendels said:
Now you are leaving out Babylon 5. Can't have that. ;D

Dude, this was great! I need to get the Babylon 5 show to watch. I've seen a couple but never got into it because of time.

Two thinks irked me about this movie but I loved it just the same trying to ignore the inconsistancy with the scale of the Sovereign class and using a very old constellation class ship in the mist of all the cool tech. lol Oh and the absence of Hull Plating armor and quantum torps.

Speaking of scale what we have here is a ship comparison chart. Good luck finding the Star Trek ships. They be tiny compared to the star wars or B5 ships.

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison/comparison_large.png

Click the link for full sized goodness, but for the lazy here is a posting of it in a smaller scale:

comparison_large.png

Where are the death stars?

Anyway: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship"

And don't talk to me about any midichlorian thingie, please ;)

i love star wars, it is simply addicting, my favorite Fighter in starwars is the N1 Star fighter.

Grendels said:
DreamKnight said:
Grendels said:
Now you are leaving out Babylon 5. Can't have that. ;D

Dude, this was great! I need to get the Babylon 5 show to watch. I've seen a couple but never got into it because of time.

Two thinks irked me about this movie but I loved it just the same trying to ignore the inconsistancy with the scale of the Sovereign class and using a very old constellation class ship in the mist of all the cool tech. lol Oh and the absence of Hull Plating armor and quantum torps.

Speaking of scale what we have here is a ship comparison chart. Good luck finding the Star Trek ships. They be tiny compared to the star wars or B5 ships.

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/comparison/comparison_large.png

Click the link for full sized goodness, but for the lazy here is a posting of it in a smaller scale:

comparison_large.png

I know this is an old post but I was looking for builds for the gallery and ran across it. I am dumbfounded by the size of these ships. Great reference for ideas for a scratch build too.

I don't put a whole lot of faith into the size representation that those charts show...

Look at the ones DreamKnight posted. You telling me that the Millenium Falcon is about the same size as a Space Shuttle? And an TOS BSG Shuttle about the same size?

In the famous words of Tim the Toolman Taylor.......I don't think so!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Look at the ones DreamKnight posted. You telling me that the Millenium Falcon is about the same size as a Space Shuttle?

According to the sizes written beneath them all, the space shuttle is just over 10 meters larger than the Falcon so, I don't really see an issue there.

The shuttle is huge, when you look at the cockpit windows you can tell just how small a person is next to it. The Falcon on the other hand is smaller than most people think, again just by looking at the size of the cockpit on the Falcon etc.

Of course, underneath most of the dimensions it does say (Aproximate) ;)

Yeah, the debate about the 'actual' size of these ships is an conversation that flares up on starshipmodeler from time to time. Not much use arguing over it - they were models of various sizes and full size sets (and 3D models too) - no two were/are the same and scale was chosen to work best on film....not in space ;)

O.K.

On th size of Ships - Where's th Battleship Yamato form Star Blazers ? (excuse Me if it is on there. I haven't really looked th poster over that good)

I think Star Trek had Hotter Woman. I mean it's hard to beat Leia in a Brass bikini, Star Trek just had more woman in their shows !

WoW ! Th Executor is a Bigg'en Cool poster set !! Oh ... Voltron ?? ...(j/k)

Even if the sizes aren't accurate some of them are still huge, 90 Kilometers (56miles) long ... that is HUGE!!

I liked Star Trek better too maybe it was just having more exposure to it since it was a TV series.

Latest posts

Back